Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Sugar Bowl challenge #4

For the Sugar Bowl's 4th challenge you can only use 1 patterned paper. I couldn't decide on a floral paper so decided to do a boy's card instead.


I watercoloured the image and distressed it. I went to town with the distressing, and ripped and sanded everything!! I embossed the background cardstock using my Swiss dots folder and sanded it. The image and red card stock are cut out using my nesties, and the cardstock sanded. I delibrately matted everything at an angle to add to the grungey feel. I set eyelets to hold the image and star. Just need to find a grungey teenager now!!

Thank you Helen, Pauline and Claire for this award - I have made so many blogging friends and don't really know where to start handing it out ... so if you consider yourself one of my bloggy friends please consider this award passed on.



Recipe:
Stamp(s): SK8TR boy (Sugar Nellie
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: DCWV glitter stack, Coredinations
Embellishments: eyelets from stash, star cut using nestiblities

9 comments:

Victoria said...

it is fantastic very teenage boy and lovely and clean and simple too x

Karen said...

Fab boys card. Love the grunge look.

Love Karen xxx

Donna said...

Cathy what a fantastic card and such a brilliant colour combo :) Donna x

Lilian said...

Love your boy card! The colors are very vibrant and the distressing is just perfect for this. Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Perfect card - love the torn edges and sanding....brilliant...xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Cathy!! Love the colors and the layout is awesome!! Love this boy card!! Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge with us :)Kathy

Gayle said...

Hi Cathy
Gorgeous card! Nice to see a boy for a change, even if he is a grungy teenager!
Thanks for getting sticky in The Sugar Bowl!
Sugar Mama x

Becky said...

I love your grungey card Cathy, I had to laugh that you couldn't decide on just one flowery paper lol!!
Love Becky xx

Bev said...

Fabulous lads card Pauline, love the image and fab papers

hugs Bev x