Friday, 27 February 2009

Friday Sketcher

Something a bit different today. I bumped into the Minister who lets us run the local toddler group in her chapel at Preschool yesterday. I always worry when people beam at you when they see you ... they usually want something LOL! And I was right - she started with ... "You make cards don't you?" followed by "I loved your Christmas cards for the children at Toddler group" (there goes the denial about card making!!). Then ... "Can you make me a couple of Easter cards to send abroad?" "OK" I said (she's they kind of lady that you can't say no to!). I don't do religious cards as a rule, but thought I would have a go for her ... I coloured the images last night and pushed them round, struggling for ideas. However this morning's Friday Sketcher seemed perfect for them so here they are ....


I did some masking of the bible and watercoloured the images, before distressing them. I have kept the colour scheme simple and the dp plain. I added some scrolls and a couple of flowers and thats it. The text was computer generated and copied of 'tinternet.
If she doesn't like them one'll do for my Gran ... its the only shop bought card I ever send!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Bible, scroll with vine and window; TAC scrolls
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Papermaina Warm Nostalgia
Embellishments: Prima flowers, papermania brads

14 comments:

Karen said...

They are stunning Cathy, very elegant.

Love Karen xxx

Anonymous said...

wow gorgeous Cathy, love it :)

Marlene x

mueppi said...

Wow... Cathy
two wonderful cards!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs Gisela

Pauline C said...

Beautiful - I'm sure these will totally hit the spot as they are so delicate and artistic - beautifully coloured and fab scrolls. I'm sure these would really work for anyone whether religious or not.
pauline x

Lorraine A said...

I had to laugh at this Cathy, Malta being very religious I am often asked to make religious cards and I just say i don't have the 'right' stuff ha ha ha
Well done you !!! but you do know what this means don't ya !! You've been roped in now !!! Look out !!! The whole parish'll come knockin !!
Good Luck :-)

oops fabby cards almost forgot to say !!

SueHart said...

Stunning cards. Perfect. x

CraftyC said...

Wow Cathy, these are gorgeous. Think its great you've thought outside your comfort zone. They're fab. make more and sell them!
Clairex

Sharon said...

It's gorgeous Cathy, really lovely.

ella bella said...

wow Cathy they are gorgeous

have a great weekend
Tracy x

debby4000 said...

These are fabulous and now I'm going to have to buy them especially love the bible.

Lyn said...

2 brilliant cards, I'm sure that the minister will be very happy with them

Dawn♥ said...

Absolutely beautiful! :)
♥Dawn

aardvarkpest said...

These are absolutely beautiful Cathy.

Glenda

Gill said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy, love the colours, classy and beautiful
hugs Gill x