Monday, 16 February 2009

Sketch and Stash #4

Becky has come up with a fab sketch for this Sketch and Stash ...
When I saw this I instantly thought gatefold card. So I have made a thank you/wedding acceptance for a couple of friends who ar getting married in a couple of months.
I used Valentine Tilda and edwin from the winter Stamp club. I coloured them in distress ink and distressed the edges in antique linen and tattered rose. I matted them in contrasting colours, and repeated the distressing and matting for the sentiment.
The new bit is the heart charm - sorry if you have seen it on recent cards .. I made this as soon as I got these gorgeous charms, and have used a few since.

Inside the card I have done the acceptance text in gold pen on a nestie label (hidden as it is personal), and satamped hearts in versamark and gold embossed them.
I am really looking forward to seeing eveyone else's take on the sketch .. so go on have a go.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Edwin sitting, Valentine Tilda, freebie heart
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Papermania Warm Nostalgia
Embellishments: Prima flowers, papermania brads, Charm off ebay

10 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, Love the gatefold :-) very cute am sure your friends will love this !
Lorraine

Victoria said...

beautiful I know that they are going to love it x

cats whiskers said...

Your friends will love this what a great card and such scrummy colours
Hugs Jacqui x

Lesley said...

Stunning card!!! luv n hugs Lesley xx

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Cathy wow stunning card love the soft colours and the Tild images are great too. I am sure your friends will just love it

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Cathy! I love the way you've coloured the images! Lovely!
Helen x

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Gorgeous! Love the colouring, so delicate and super colours...

Anonymous said...

so cute just love this layout and teh images you have used go so well! nice colours too! :0)

Becky said...

Your card is absolutely stunning Cathy! What an inspired thought to make a gate fold card!!
You're a star!!
Love Becky xx

Chrissie said...

What a beautiful card Cathy, I love the colour scheme and the sketch really suits your gatefold card.