Wednesday, 25 February 2009

My Gorjuss Friend

I got my Gorjuss stamps today ... and they are gorjuss!! I have inked them all up and am now working through them! I have made a friendship card for a good blogging friend ... not saying who so she gets a surprise when it drops on her mat!

I masked off the cat on the image, Purrfect friend, and watercoloured her, using just 3 colours. I decided not to matt her, and just distressed the edges. I kept the background and colour scheme simple, using just 1 dp and some cardstock. I love the ribbon - it is scroll stamped onto nylony stuff - really effective to use!
The verse is one I have had stored on my computer for ages ... I have put the 1st verse on the front and finished it inside. I distressed the edges to match the image.

A closer look at Gorjuss girl!
I hardly ever do the inside of cards ... but for this special friend I have made an exception. I used the same layout as the outside, and distressed both the verse and the space to write my message.

Well I have to fedd the children now (thery are currently screaming and shouting outside!) But I feel an early night coming on for them and lots of playing for me ... just going to take some stronger painkillers so my back copes!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Purrfect friend
Colouring Media: Distress inks - antique linene, Soot black and broken china
Papers: Papermaina, Creative tones; Coredinations, cardstock
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

10 comments:

Karen said...

Gorjus !

Love Karen xxx

Ali Watson said...

This is stunning Cathy, love the colours you have chosen. Ooooh aren't they fab!!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

wonderful card

spooky - i've just used her for one of my DT cards

LOL

hugs jane x

nessy said...

can say that again ~ gorjuss!! amazing card cathy ~love it!!
vanessa xx

Macpurp said...

this is just so gorgeous!!! I love everything about it! the colours, the lay out , everything!

I hope you back feels better soon xxx

Bev said...

Oooh it's fab!!! Mine came today too and I am itching to ink them up !!!

ella bella said...

ohh wow fabulous card i love that image and the colours are beautiful. your friend is going to love it
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Cathy I love your card! the Image looks great your Masking is brilliant well done! you have cracked that techneque!
Also love the ribbon it goes so well on with the iamge and your design! I just love all the ribbons in that range!! te hehehe!
Let me know when you need some more! :0)

Lorraine A said...

oh what a fab card , your blog buddy will love this :-)
gorjuss image and fab everythin :-)
Lorraine

cats whiskers said...

Oh what a fabulous card hun, just love the colours you have used and the layout is great, you have coloured her perfectly
Hugs Jacqui.
I LOVE the new look blog dear
Hugs Jacqui x