Friday, 27 February 2009

Twinkle

This week's challenge over at Lili of the Valley is a fab sketch by Donalda. As Ellie's friends seem to be always having birthdays I thought I'd make a girly pink ( ... yes Ali you read that right PINK!!) card to have in stock.
I used my prize from a couple of week's ago, Twinkle, as my image. Ellie has made a few cards with this stamp so I hadn't had a look in. I watercoloured her simply in and, with some help from Beth, stickled the sparkles and crown. I have kept it quite simple and as it will be for a 4 year old used metal flowers - they don't seem to appreciate Primas!! I thought the PB sentiment was quite appropriate with this fairy.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): LOTV Twinkle; PB Salutations
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: DCWV Nursery; cardstock
Embellishments: Papermania flower brads, clear buttons and ribbon from stash, fruit punch and icicle stickles

9 comments:

Victoria said...

a beautiful interpretation of the sketch and I love the colour use!

Becky said...

It's so gorgeous Cathy!! Nearly fainted when I saw all that pink though lol!!
Love Becky xx

Tasha said...

Another sper cute card Cathy i love the colours and the laay out and that little fairy is so lovely
love tasha xx

cats whiskers said...

Super card hun, twinkle looks so pretty, and the papers are perfect, thanks for joining us this week dear,
Hugs Jacqui x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is lovely, really like the pinks, Hazelxo

Karen said...

Aaaahhh what a pretty card. I love girlie cards. With having a boy I don't get much chance to do pink and girlie stuff. Beautiful.

Love Karen xxx

SueHart said...

Very girlie card...lovely!! Gorgeous stamp. x

Carol said...

Great colour choice - Beautiful
TFS

simplyfairies said...

how pretty this creation is....