Thursday, 19 February 2009

2 Christmas cards

I have got a bit slack with my resolution to make at least 1 Christmas card a week, but I loved the sketch over at Just Christmas and Birthday cards, so have made a couple of cards. I have rotated the sketch for both cards.
I do adore these ickle mice, they look so cosy. They are coloured in distress inks and the papers are all from my scrap tray (got to use them up so I can buy more LOL!). Its pretty embellishment free at the mo - going to look for some new Christmas embellies near the time, so they will be added then.

I love this cat - he looks like he has just got the cream. Strangely I didn't make any cards with him on last year. Again he is coloured in distress inks and all the papers are from my scraps and left over Christmas paper. I added stickles to the berries on the image and the paper, and stamped a gold scroll onto 2 corners. Of the two I do prefer this one.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): PB Christmas Love, Holly Jolly; Scroll TAC
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: K & Co, Dovecraft
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

8 comments:

Ruth (ooffee) said...

These are gorgeous - such lovely traditional colours and cute images!
Ruth x

Karen said...

You are organised. Beautiful and cute.

Love Karen xxx

Teresa said...

Really like the cate card too. Cute and traditional mix is fun.

Stampin'Piper said...

Stunning Cards! I love the images and the colors!

Thanks for joining us this week!

Hugs Tanja
(JCBC Team)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Cathy these two christmas cards are both fabulous, just goes to prove, same sketch, two totally different looking cards! thank you for joining in our challenge this week. Linda x

Karin said...

2 Gorgeous cards Cathy.
I love the dark traditional colours and cute images.
Thanks for joining the JCBC this week.

xoxo karin

Joy said...

Fantastic christmas cards Cathy lovely inages xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards as always hunny but your right those little mice are just sooooooo cute!