Saturday, 14 February 2009

PBSC sketch

This week Nat has desingned a sketch for the PBSC. I love sketches so just had to have a play will the girls warmed up in bed - it is really cold and murky today in the Lake District.

I do love this cat and thought I might use it for a couple of Easter cards - with the miserable weather I feel like looking forward to brighter, warmer days and ... chocolate!! I have rotated the sketch to suit the image. I watercoloured the image and cut it out using my nesties. I love these bright colours - very Spring like - and the armful of daffodils. This week's Secret Crafter challenge is Spring so this will also be entered for that.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Embrace
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Doodlebug, cardstock from stash
Embellishments: ribbon from stash, brads by Papermania, flowers by Prima

25 comments:

Victoria said...

a lovely image and I adore the card x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Cathy I love the image and those gorgeous papers very spring, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Cathy :-) I love that cat image, v cute :-)
Lorraine

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Cathy :-) I love that cat image, v cute :-)
Lorraine

Jackie said...

Great card, love those papers.
Jackie

Macpurp said...

this is beautiful and just shouts spring!!
you have done a lovely job with colouring that puss cat!

love tina x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card Cathy...love the papers and your cute image...great work on the sketch and thanks for joining in the fun at PBSC this week...Hugs Kath xxxx
Congrats on being a winner this week

debby4000 said...

Beautiful spring card, wonderful image and pretty spring papers.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Happy valentines day Cathy. I love this cute card. The image is fab and such great papers too. Have a good weekend, hugs Linda x

Joey said...

Hiya Cathy, oh this is gorgeous, love the image and gorgeous colours. joey.xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Cathy and just perfect for this weeks theme. Thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Cathy, defo one for spring. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex

Mandy said...

Stunning card Cathy

Mandy

Lesley said...

aww this is sooo cute!! luv n hugs Lesley xxx

nessy said...

adorable card cathy ~so pretty!... did you say chocolate mmmmmmm yes please!!
vanessa xx

Sue said...

gorgeous card Cathy and beautiful spring colours:)

thanks for joining us at scsc:)

sue
xx

Joy said...

A beautiful spring card Becky xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love the cute image and the papers are soo pretty. Debbie x

Happy Crafter said...

Gorgeous card love the fresh colours and the image:)
Val xxx

Pauline C said...

Really beautiful card Cathy - your image is adorable - I haven't seen it before but agree it is fab for Easter (think I want it now lol!) love your colouring and papers too - great fresh look for spring. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x

tracie said...

Oh wow Cathy this is adorable, love those gorgeous papers and you've coloured this cute Kitty beautifully - fabulous, I love it.
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC. Have a great day hun
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Allison said...

lovely card, cute image
AllisoNX

Beth said...

This is such a pretty, spring card! I love the image and the colours are fab! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours and papers you have used and the image is sweet too. Hugs, Lainy xx

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

What a lovely card!
Love the image & the colours.

Julie