Sunday, 8 February 2009

Tilda with rose

I have made a simple thank you card fro my Mum as she is going to have the girls for a few days at half term so I can get some bits and pieces done ... she thinks cleaning, I think mega crafting!!LOL
Vicky gave me this image and I am so tempting to buy the stamp, Tilda is so beautiful. I have coloured her in purplpes to match the rose. When I was little I thought roses were red, white, pink or yellow as thats what grew in out garden. But then a lady up the road began to grow these beautiful lavender coloured roses and every time I walked past her garden with Mum we would stop to look at them. Well after the trip down memory lane (LOL) I kept the card simple as the dp is so gorgeous. The bow is off a box of chocs (yes I have the kind of friends that buy us chocs based on the adornments on the box, rather than the contents!) so I am using this as my Secret Crafter card this week, as their theme is recycling.
The last card I made today was a get well card for a friend who hads just has a knee replacement op. Again the image is from Vicky, but I couldn't resist using it, especially with the plastered knee (shame its the wrong leg!!). Again I have kept it nice and simple - fuss is definitely not his style!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Tild with Rose, Bandaged Edwin
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: Kanban: K & Co Hopscotch
Embellishments: ribbon from stash, bow from choc box
.

12 comments:

Bev said...

Two fabulous cards honey - love the soft pretty colours of the Tilda card and I can almost smell those roses after your trip down memory lane lol.

Love the get well card too, aren't those papers fab for cards for the boys!

hugs Bev x

Pauline C said...

Tow lovely cards Cathy - lovely colours on the Tilda and very apt Edwin card! By the way did you know Edwin Allen now stocks a few Tildas and had Tilda with rose last time I went in? (perhaps I shouldn't be telling you this lol!)
have a great weekend
Pauline x

Marcea said...

Love both these cards, absolutely brilliant. Love your Tilda card and the story behind it. Hope you enjoy your crafty days - remember to have a nad hour at the end rushing around getting tidy so it looks as though you have been busy with the dreaded HW
-x-

Sue said...

2 very beautiful cards Cathy,great use of the ribbon:) thanks for joining us at scsc:)

sue
xx

cats whiskers said...

Rwo more cute cards hun, love the cute look of the Tilda she is just gorgeous hun.
An the get well card is perfect for a little boy
Hugs Jacqui x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy, one boy, one girl, how sweet!
Clairex

nessy said...

two lovely cards cathy ~the first is gorgeous and the second such fun for someone who has had an op!!
vanessa xx

Jill said...

two gorgeous cards Cathy, love the tilda image and such a gorgeous bow it looks wonderful on your card, I'm sure your friend will love the get well card. thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

great recycling!!

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

Hugs Jane x

Mandy said...

Cathy, such lovely cards and great recycling.

Mandy

Dawn said...

Hiya Cathy
This is so beautiful and I love the colours.

Hugs
Dawn

Donna said...

Fantastic card Cathy, well done on your recycling this week :) thanks for joining us at SCSC Donna x