Thursday, 26 February 2009

DDCC challenge #37 a sketch

This week's challenge is a sketch ...one designed by me!!! I think I got carried away with the shapes in Word and forgot I would have to turn it into a card!!
I have adapted it a bit - used flowers and brads for the coner circles and done a bit of resizing.

For the image I used my WOJ spring kit, including the tree stump and basket of eggs. I masked the stump on and cut the basket out (forgot to stamp it before I put the stump on - DOH!). The images have been watercoloured and I cut the scene out and the frame using my nesties. I punched little eggs out of blue cardstock and made a shaker. I faux stitched the papers and added flowers, gems, scrolls and brads to complete the card.


I am really pleased with the shaker - it is only the second time I have made a shaker card.
Do check out the other DT cards.


Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Kneeling Willow, stump, basket of eggs
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: K and Co
Embellishments: Prima flowers, brads, gems, ribbon from stash, Sizzix flourish swirl, hobbycraft egg punch

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love all the stitching and the fab image. Great sketch too.

Macpurp said...

this is FAB! i looked at the sketch and thought woooooooooooooooh....but now I have looked at it properly I am off to go and have a go at it.
I love shaker cards!

beautiful card. lovely wee eggs in the shaker.
love tina x

Wilma said...

It was a real challenge this sketch! Thank you.

Hugs, Wilma (DT member DDCC)

Karin said...

Beautifull card Cathy.
i love the beautifull coloured papers and sweet image.

Have a nice evening,
xoxo Karin

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous Cathy. Love your colour combo and that image is a real cutie. Hugs from Desire