Saturday, 14 February 2009

Tulips from Amsterdam

We are all at my parents' for the weekend and the girls are enjoying the last of the snow (sadly we had hardly any snow at home), so I have managed to fit a little crafting in. I combined this week's CCT theme, Music and Dance, with the Friday Sketcher sketch. I have to admit I have fliped and rotated the sketch to get the elements to work together. I really struggled for the CCT bit as I have Penny Black's Ode to Joy ... but at home not here!! I had brought this image up with me to start making some Easter cards, and finally the penny dropped - Tulips from Amsterdam!


I watercolourd the image and used my nesties to cut it out. The papers are all from a scrapbook kit I bought, and the ribbons from my stash. I really didn't want to add flowers so I used brads instead. I am still in the 'not too many embellies' mood. For the sentiment I wrote the title of the song.

Hubby andI met up with a fab friend and her partner for a meal last night - she is a brilliant cook, and we had a great evening! I was very good and left most of her craft stuff alone!!

Well I am off to trudge in the final traces of snow with the girls before it gets too cold again. I will be back online hopefully later to do a bit of blog hopping.


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Tulip Jungle
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Kanban
Embellishments: ribbon and brads from stash

8 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my what a beautiful stamped image and the coloring is so pretty! Beautiful job on the sketch! ♥

Glitter Monkey said...

What a really clever take on our theme this week!! Absolutely beautiful coloured tulips. Thank you for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn x

Sue Shaw said...

Hi Cathy,
Have a great weekend and enjoy what's left of the snow. You can have some of our's if you want, we had loads!!
Great card!
Sue. x

Victoria said...

very cute and a fantastic interpretation of the theme, hope the girls enjoyed the snow - and you are being spoilt rotten by your mum x

Nixe-Moni said...

Such a cute card. Love the image.
Hugs
Moni

Pauline C said...

Lovely card Cathy and v clever improvisation to meet the music theme lol! I have left a littles omething for you on my blog
Pauline x

aardvarkpest said...

Cute card. Love that PB image.

Glenda

Michele Roos said...

Lovely card. Love the image and the colouring is fab. Michele x