Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Hearts and flowers

Another combined challenge for me ... crafting time seems to be slipping away from me during the week, so I have combined the Spoonfull of Sugar sketch with the Papertake Weekly Challenge, Hearts and flowers.

I watercoloured the image in and resisted the temptation to distress her!! So instead I did some faux stitching! The papers are all from a co-ordinating pack and come with the matching lace ribbon, so all I needed to do was raid my flower stash for some flowers! The dp does have rises on it, and the image has hearets on it to, so got both hearts and flowers in there! I wrote the sentiment myself.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penpal (Sugar Nellie)
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Fancy Pants
Embellishments: Prima flowers, Fancy Pants ribbon, brads from stash

19 comments:

lil-paper-pixie said...

Hi Cathy, love your creation.....like that image a lot.....my wish list gets bigger with all this blog hopping!!!!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi I love this combo of the challenges. Great faux stitching and I love that image too. Pascale :)

Ann said...

A stunning card Cathy, I love the delicate colours and image xx

CraftyC said...

Lovely card Cathy, love the stitching!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Fab card Cathy, love it ;)

Marlene x

mueppi said...

What a lovely card, Cathy!!!
Your colouring is great!
hugs Gisela

Ali Watson said...

Fab card Cathy, love it.

Debbie said...

A lovely card Cathy, the image is fab. I love the soft colours and the faux stitching. Debbie x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card Cathy - love the soft colours. That blue lace is scrummy.
Pauline x

Caroljenks said...

Fab card Cathy - love the image and the colours are fab. Love the layout of it all too. Carol x

Sharon said...

Great card Cathy. She looks like she's casually leaning on your faux stitching!

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Love the colour combo and that image.

Glenda

Lorraine Robertson said...

Super card & gorgeous papers...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

cinzia tomassini said...

very beautiful

www.cinziatomassini.it

Bev said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, love the sweet image
hugs Bev x

tracie said...

Hi Cathy, hope your well hun. Oh I love this one - the soft colours are gorgoeus and your coloured this fab image beautifully.
hugs
Tracie :)x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the faux stitching and cute image.

Cardmaking Galore said...

this is really cute!

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card, gorgeous image and papers and the faux stiching looks fab :-)
lorraine