Tuesday, 17 February 2009

A Spoonful of WOJ spring kit

Well I have cleaned the bedrooms (pat on the back!) - and found the odd socks, toys and bits and bobs that the girls store everywhere but where they should be!! And I have had time to make a card for this week's Spoonfull of Sugar challenge, a fab sketch by Debbie.
But first here is the image I used ... yep another from my WOJ stamp kit, and isn't she just scrummy?!
Anyway on to the card ...
I have kept it quite embellishment free as the papers are quite patterned (and I am trying to make my embellie stash last as long as possible!). I watercoloured and distressed the image and matted her onto 2 plain papers. So the pink patterned paper stood out I also matted that onto black. Did a bit of faux stitching, added some ribbon, bow and charm and ... voila!
So off to have a bite to eat and then back to the craft room - I am definitely going to make the most of the next 2 days!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Spring kit 2009; PB Salutations
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Embellishments: ribbon and charm from stash

19 comments:

Shell said...

She is lovely, such a pretty card. Im doing the same cleaning and carding lol. Shellx

Bubbles said...

Beautiful card Cathy, you've coloured you new WOJ image perfectly, such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at ASFoS.
Joanne x

P.S. Off to ink up my stamps, my kit arrived this morning ;0)

Marcea said...

She is divine - love it - cant wait to see the others you make!!
-x-

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy This card is Gorgeous and i love your take on my sketch thanks for playing along, Hugs debbie x

Marianne said...

Lovely card Cathy, beautiful papers and colors. I love the stamp.

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is lovely Cathy, my stamps arrived this mornin and am off to use tham now :-) dinner preps can wait !!
Lorraine :-)

mueppi said...

What a great card and such a lovely image!
Hugs Gisela

Victoria said...

Oh she is beautiful - my favourite of the images seen so far by far, beautifully coloured too x

Mira said...

Very lovely card :)

crafty amy said...

Beautiful card Cathy! I am so excited got an email today saying my WOJ stamp kit had been shipped. I can't wait to get them!!

X Amy X

Sandra said...

Lovely card! Love the details.

Sandra

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty card Cathy! I just love your sewing! You did a beautiful job with the sketch! :D

Kimberly Gajewski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Oh she is adorable Cathy! I love the stitching!!
Love Becky xx

Bev said...

Oooh she's beautiful! Love the colours and papers Pauline - so very pretty

hugs Bev x

Stacey said...

I love this paper combo and your image is adorable! ~x~

Ali Watson said...

This is stunning Cathy love it. My envelope and card arrived thank you so much, mwah.

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card and colouring.Love the little charm.

Glenda

Michele Roos said...

Ohhh gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fab. Yummy papers also. Michele x