Wednesday, 18 February 2009

ABC challenge ... B is for

This week's ABC Challenge is a colour theme ...

B is for blue and brown


I love this Sugar Nellie - she always looks so thoughtful. I have tried to go for a vintage look on this so the blue is very muted and I have used lots of vintage style browns. I distressed the image and papers in tea dye and vintage photo distress inks and then added a darker brown to the very edges. I stamped scrolls using a set from TAC and the sentiment is PB - all stamped in Broken China. The flowers and ribbon are from my stash.



Why don't you visit the other DTs blogs and have a go yourself.

Recipe:

Image: Sugar Nellie Daisy, The Angel Company Scroll stamp set, Penny Black Transparents

Colouring media: Distress inks - frayed burlap, vintage photo, brushed cordruoy, tea dye, antique linen, tattered rose, broken china, peeled paint

Papers: Papermaina - Warm Nostalgic

Embellishments: Prima flowers, Papermania brads, organza ribbon

14 comments:

Ruth (ooffee) said...

I love this card - blue an brown are great together and the distressing is perfect.

How can anyone resist that image? I MUST buy it....Ruth x

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, beautiful soft colours.

mueppi said...

Beautiful card!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela

Ali Watson said...

Scrummy, my fav SN stamp i love what you have done honey. Gorgeous card.

Tasha said...

Super super cute card - love the distressed effect gorgeous
love tasha xx

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card dear such beautiful soft colours and prfect colourimg
Hugs Jacqui x

Karen said...

Stunning card Cathy. She's soooo prestty and I love the vintage look with the blue and the brown.

Love Karen xxx

Anonymous said...

wow i love your card... the brown and the blue are gorgeous together. i love the image you have used and the papers you have put with it.
bi hugs hannahx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful Cathy, love the distressed look!
Clairex

Pauline C said...

Love the soft and delciate look of this card - beautiful use of colours
Pauline x

Becky said...

I love how you've vintaged her up Cathy, what a beautiful card!
Love Becky xx

Bev said...

Gorgeous!! Love the soft dreamy look you have given the card with the distressing and soft colours Pauline. Fabulous card honey

hugs Bev x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! This image looks so different with the distressing - fab!
Helen x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous card - soft and beautiful image!