Sunday, 15 February 2009

Sketch Saturday

This is just a quick post - we are back from my parents, girless :)! We've had a great weekend, seeing 2 lots of friends and playing in the remains of the snow. I managed to find time to make this card using ther Sketch Saturday sketch this week. I just have to do the unpacking and sorting out now.

I do make quite a few Easter cards, and I am loving this image for the non-religious ones (I have to make religious ones for my mum). I have used spring colours for the papers and watercoloured the image. I have used the knot in the ribbon for the circle on the sketch. I worte the sentiment myself - need to practise the handwriting LOL!

I will be blog hopping like mad tomorrow catching up with everyone.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Embrace
Colouring Media: Distress ink
Papers: Doodlebug, cardstock
Embellishments: ribbon and brads from stash

17 comments:

Victoria said...

brilliant card loving the use of colours. Enjoy your me time and craft like mad xxx

Helen said...

Cute card Cathy! Love the image!
Helen x
PS - there's a little something for you on my blog...

Lesley said...

aww this is gorgeous!!! and enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts hehehe...luv n hugs Lesley xxx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Cathy love the fresh bright papers and image thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Sandra said...

great card, lovely pastel colours. Love the knotted ribbon. You have coloured that cute cat wonderfully!
Hugs
Sandra xx

Macpurp said...

glad you enjoyed your weekend!

This is such a sweet Easter card.
I love the way you have coloured it!
love tina x

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card Cathy love the image and colours :)
Val xxx

Bev said...

Cathy this is so adorable! I just love the image - how cute is that cat!!

hugs Bev x

Sue said...

very pretty card and gorgeous colorus,thanks for joining us at scsc:)

sue
xx

Marcea said...

glad you have had a good break. Love this card hunny and the colours are gorgeous
-x-

Karen said...

Aaaahhh thats sooo pretty.

Love Karen xxx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Cathy, and a lovely image!
Clairex

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Cathy, that stamp is very cute :-) Perfect Easter card, gorgeous papers and layout too :-)
Lorraine

Sandra said...

Cute card!
Sandra

cats whiskers said...

Gteat card again Hun love the spring feel of this one
Hugs Jacqui x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Cathy and such bright cheery colours, perfect for this weeks theme. Thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x

Anonymous said...

How is it your cards are always so cute!! and yummi!! Not fair!! note to self---* Need more practice*----