Saturday, 21 February 2009

Diamond duckling

Its a sketch challenge over at the Saturday Secret Crafter this week. It is niteresting that both Friday Sketcher and Secret Crafter have done triangles on their cards ... I love both sketches and have mastered cutting the triangles!
I have made a cheerful spring card, that I will probably use as an Easter card. I watercoloured the image and cut it out using my nesties. I love these papers and matted them onto matching golden yellow cardstock. I cut the photo corners using a woodware chipboard one as a template. Flower brads finish it off.
I am really 'off' over embellishing my cards at the moment, definitely liking a more clean and simple look ... oh and it saves on stash LOL!!


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny black Duckling
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Doodlebug, cardstock
Embellishments: Papermania brads

19 comments:

Becky said...

Gorgeous card and design Cathy, loving your syle hon!!
Love Becky xx

Macpurp said...

this is lovely and cheery!
very sweet card.

love tina x

Helen said...

Awwww....cute card! I love that duckling - he looks fab with those papers!
Helen x

Tasha said...

What a card this is so sweet and i love the paper
love tasha xx

Rach said...

love the design of your card Cathy, great papers and sweet image would make a wonderful easter card.xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Cathy I love the image, it's fab and those papers work perfectly. thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Karen said...

beautiful card cathy.

love karen x

Donna said...

Cathy, this is a super card and I so like the papers you have used, thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

jenny said...

Beautiful spring card, love the cute duck!

Jennyx

Sue said...

aww gorgeous card, luv them papers, sue.x

ella bella said...

what a gorgeous card love the bright happy papers and cute image
hope your having a good weekend
Tracy x

nessy said...

oh love those pastal colours together ~gorgeous duck~great colouring, cathy!!
vanessa xx

mueppi said...

Hi Cathy
your card is so lovely and that image is so cute and the colours are so fab!!!
Have a nice sunday!!
Hugs Gisela

craft mad Jenny said...

gorgeous card, love the spring colours, great image,

jenny

Mandy said...

Lovely card Cathy, fab papers.

Mandy

Bev said...

Such a sweet card Cathy, the colours are beautiful. Love the cute image too

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card again hun just stunning love the flowers that have been 3d, and the card below is just as perfect, 3 days of comments to catch up on so hope you don't mind me leaving the comments on just one post
Hugs jacqui x

Karen said...

Cathy, I've left you something on my blog. Thank you.

Love Karen xxx

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Cathy, lovely boy, very cute eh !! Love the papers you used too, perfect :-)
Lorraine