Friday, 6 February 2009

Giddy up

One of Ellie's special friends at preschool is 4 next week ... so I have had to make him a card for her. She will ldo her own but he has to have a 'proper' card too!! So I have combined the sketch from Friday Sketchers this week and the LOTV theme, Men, for this card. As it is for a 4 year old boy it is very simple, and non fussy. Ellie wanted wire and had a go herself and then ripped it off - "wire isn't easy Mummy" was her comment!

I let Ellie choose the image, I don't have many boy ones, and thought she would go for a teddy, but she chose this one. I haven't inked him up for ages so it was lovely to colour him and distress the background. I kept the colour theme simple and used simple papers. Just a few brads for embellishments.
While I was doing this card Ellie was playing with my proze from the LOTV challenge, Twinkle. Apparently Twinkle is not mine!!
And this is what she came up with ...

Twinkle at Night
Twinkle in the garden.

We are just waiting for the glitter glue to really dry LOL!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Giddy Up (Sugar Nellie), Twinkle (LOTV), sentiment Penny Black
Colouring Media: Distress inks, watercolour crayons
Papers: Making Memories and stash
Embellishments: brads and Ellie's stash

22 comments:

Sue said...

Great card luv the image, hope Ellie has put hers in, lovely card, sue.x

Victoria said...

They are fantastic - I adore Ellie's cards they are beautiful xxx

Victoria said...

Dear Ellie

We think that your twinkle cards are ace.

love Ed and Henry xxx

nessy said...

wow!! love your "boys" card but have to say ellie`s is amazing ~sure her friend will love them!
vanessa xx

Marianne said...

cute card, lovely stamp.

Jo Hopwood said...

You know she is getting better an better - just think what a designer she will be in a few years having started so early!

I like yours too by the way, beautifully coloured as ever.

Heather said...

Hi Cathy, Gorgeous 'boy' card. love the colours and colouring - great choice of papers.l
Hi Ellie, love your Twinkle cards - I like Twinkle in the garden best - those flowers are wonderful.
hugs Heather xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love both the cards, Well Done Ellie, My Tom keeps making cards too but they all have Doctor Who on them!!!(With Glitter Glue) I would rather have your Twinkle Fairy. Hazel xox

Stempelfrosch said...

Wow, lovely stamp! I have never seen before! Great!
LG Anke

Ali Watson said...

This is beautiful Ellie you are such a clever girl!!!! yours is fab too Cathy but soz honey ellie has the edge today :) Have a fab weekend.

Macpurp said...

what beautiful cards girls!!!
quick question, when you distress the stamped image do you do that before you colour it in or afterwards?
What a lucky boy to get two cards!

love tina x

Dawn said...

Your card is gorgeous Cathy and bless ellie what a sweet card with all the flowers!!

Dawn
x

cats whiskers said...

Great card dear love the colours, but I think Ellies a outstanding
he!he! glad you like the stamp
Hugs Jacqui x

aardvarkpest said...

Great card Love that stamp. Looks like Ellie is going to be competition for you soon.


Glenda

ella bella said...

gorgeous card the image is so sweet. i love ellie's cards they are beautiful
Tracy x

Bev said...

Cathy your card is a dream! Love that image and the papers. Although I am sad to say that Ellie's card outshines ALL the cards I have seen today whilst blog hopping. Ellie your card ROCKS sweetie, love it!!

hugs Bev x

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Cathy and I see you took your colours from Ellies card LOL. A great stamp, one I actually dont own!
Clairex

Donna said...

Great card Cathy and well done to Ellie. Me thinks you'll have to watch out or your stash will be raided lol! :) Donna x

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card love that image too cute :)
Ellie's card is fabulous too well done Ellie :)
Val xxx

Lorraine said...

Super card Ellie`s also you have a creative daughter must take after her Mum

Dawn♥ said...

absolutely adorable! love it! ♥
hugs, dawn

mueppi said...

Great card and cute image!!!
Hugs Gisela