Friday, 13 February 2009

LOTV sketch

Mum have made this for my Mum to give to my gran for her birthday. I love these papers, i got them to scrapbook with, but decided they would be better for cards. As Mum doesn't like fussy cards with lots of embellishments I thought this paper would be perfect, and it works really well with the LOTV sketch this week.
Gran has a March birthday and loves cats so this image is just perfect for her I watercoloured it and matted it onto cardstock. I cut a band of co-ordinating paper and added some organza ribbon. I stamped the daisy scroll in distress ink. The sentiment is left blank as Mum isn't sure what she wants yet ... so that'll be a handwritten one!


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Embrace, daisy chain - freebie
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Kanban
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

8 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Oh Cathy what a lovely card ! The image is v cute and the paper is just gorgeous. Am sure your gran will just love this :-)
Lorraine

debby4000 said...

Beautiful sweet card.

nessy said...

oh cathy just an amazing card ~that paper is so scrummy!! ~just perfect
vanessa xx

cats whiskers said...

What a charming card this is dear just perfect
Thanks for joiningus this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Sammi said...

ooh wow!! this is GORGEOUS Cathy!!
xxx

Victoria said...

It is lovely hun, adore the ribbons fo rthe sentiment x

Daisychain said...

What a lovely card with cute image amd gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week.

Hugs Christine x

Suzanne said...

Lovely card, I'm sure your gran will love it. Hugs Sue x