Thursday, 26 February 2009

My foxy friend

I have managed to get a few minutes to myself today and made a simple card - I am really liking the less fussy look of this card, it makes the Gorjuss image stand out.


I coloured the image in using promarkers (I wanted to see how she looked in Promarkers) and matted her onto purple and black cardstock.I ran the purple and lilac cardstock through CB embossing folders and matted them onto black cardstock. I printed out the sentiment and mated that onto black cardstock. I decided to leave it embellishment free, except for the two brads. I followed Becky's sketch on My Time to Craft, and followed CCT and Charisma Cardz challenges theme, animals.

I'm off to rest my back for a bit, girls willing!! Hopefully I'll get a chance to do some more later.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girls Foxy
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: Cardstock, embossed using CB D'vine Swirls, Swiss Dots
Embellishments: brads from stash

23 comments:

Glitter Monkey said...

She's just "gorjuss"! I love the purple on this card and yes the simple design does focus on the lovely image. Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD Cathy you have the new gorjuss girl stamps!!! :-( lovely card tis 'GORJUSS!'. Thanks for playing with charisma this week

hugz carlz
xxx

RubyMay said...

Such a sweet card...and the stamps are wonderful x

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the image of course, the sentiment is so sweet too!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! Debx

Marianne said...

beautiful card, love the image

Leanne said...

Ooh this is lovely, the image is stunning!!
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
Leanne :o)
xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorjuss ,love your card so pretty ,fabulos ,hugs Dawnxxx

Karen said...

Aaaaaahhhh she's soooo cute Cathy. love the colours. Very very pretty.

Love Karen xxx

Jo said...

Cute card, love the colouring. Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o) Jo x

Vee said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the colours. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.
xx Vee

Becky said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous Cathy!! I love what you've done with the sketch!! I can't stop using my stamps, I especially love this one, so cute!! Love your gorgeous blog makeover too hon!!
Love Becky xx

nessy said...

can see you have been playing again ~ such a sweet card ~just perfect
vanessa xx

Joy said...

Lovely card, love the little fox. I have just coloured this image also. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Classroomfree said...

fab card - I love the new gorjuss stamps!

Tasha said...

Oh Cathy this is gorgeous i am loving the colour its beautiful
love tasha xx

Swaantje said...

What a wonderful card !
Love the image.

Hugs
Swaani

debby4000 said...

Oh she is beautiful and looks pefect on the card.

Victoria said...

is is beautiful - a lovely cas card x

Moxie said...

That's a lovely sentiment Cathy. x Kylie

Lesley said...

Cute card, thank you for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, simply gorjuss. Thanks for joing us this week at Charisma.
Lyndsey xx

Nicky said...

Lovely great colours and a very stunning card

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love this shade of purple and that image is adorable! BR-T