Thursday, 27 August 2009

Purple manga

I made this card for a couple of challenges ... Papertake Weekly (I have flipped and rotated the sketch) and Passion for Promarkers (purples).
I coloured my image in using all 4 purples, well I couldn't leave one out could I, and then cut the image out. Because I wanted her sitting hanging out of the mat, I rotated the sketch and the flipped it as I prefer the ribbon on the left! Flowers didn't look right so I stamped a scroll using dusty concord and brushed perfect pearls over it, gave it a spritz and dried it with my heat gun.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Manga girl, TAC scroll
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: Basic Grey Wisteria
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

22 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cathy this is gorgeous I love this image and your card is beautiful.. these are my favourite colours and papers.Thank you for joining us PFP again this week. Sue :o)

nessy said...

just gorgeous cathy ~ adorable image and just love purple!!wow!!!
vanessa xx

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous, love the way she's sitting and the rich colours xx

Wiccababe said...

beautiful card Cathy
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Chrissie said...

Another fabulous card Cathy, these 'manga' stamps are really cute.

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! I love all the wonderful shades of purple, and your coloring is ka-pow perfection!!! Love, love, love every beautiful detail in this fabulous creation!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Cathy. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Lesley said...

this is fab...i love the image....wish she would come back in stock soon...lol...hugs Lesley xxx

cats whiskers said...

Stunning card dear just love the colour combo and colouring of the great image,
Hugs Jacqui x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fantastic card Cathy

Love the purples and these are my fave papers :)

hugs Jane x

Ali Watson said...

This is goregous Cathy, love the papers and fabby image. Will wave to you on the way past lol. Have a super day.

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Cathy, lovely colours and a great LO!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

She's so beautiful in purple hun!! I love this card!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Gorgous card, love everything about it!
She looks so sweet in purple!
Hugs
Erin x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Cathy - love all the purples!
Helen x

debby4000 said...

oh this is fabulous, wonderful colours and papers. Sweet image too.
luv
Debby

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, what a pretty card. I love the manga girl image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and the swirl looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Pauline C said...

Great funky card. I've got something for you on my blog hun
Pauline x

Caryn said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at PFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Dawny P said...

These are fabulous chick. You did a great job with the sketch and those colours and images are just gorgeous :) Thank you for joining us at PTW - hugs, Dawny xxxx

helen said...

Fabulous card Cathy i love the image and you've coloured her perfectly
thanks for joining us at pfp this week
hugs
helen x