Monday, 17 August 2009

Sketch and Stash 17

Its another Sketch and Stash and Becky has created yet another fabulous sketch.
Here's my take on it ... and for once I have left it as it is!!

I watercoloured my image (kindly given to me by Vicky) and distressed the edges in shabby shutters and peeled paint. I have had these papers for ages, but haven't cut into them until now asa they are just so strokeable. I matted them onto cerise cardstock and added a cerise ribbon. I punched flowers and swirls and added some gems. Finally I stamped the sentiment straight onto the dp.

The other DT careations are stunning so do take a peek at them.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sarah Kay Spring is back; Pollycraft Shertbert sentiments
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: K and Co Charlotte
Embellishments: punched flowers and swirls, gems and ribbon fom stash

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Cathy. I've left you something on my blog. Hugs, Wendy x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,i love the stamp and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jill said...

beautiful card Cathy, I love the DP no wonder you didn't want to use them and the swirls and image are gorgeous hugs Jill xx

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Cathy stunning card love the soft toned colours and the image is just lovely great job!!!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and fab papers.
luv
Debby

Squirrel x said...

Really sweet card Cathy - I love the softness of it. The image is dead cute and the papers are gorgeous. Sorry for being thick but what does DP stand for?
Squirrel xx

Nilla said...

How sweet isn't this! Love it! Lovely papers! Hugs Nilla

Karen said...

Gorjus, gorjus, gorjus !


The retreat cards are stunning too.

Love Karen x

Kim. said...

Goegeous card Cath, I love the image and the colours are just so great.
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Wow Fab card i love it. the image you have used is gorgeous, the colours are lovely. and the papers you have put with it are fab.
Big Hugs Hannahxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gorgeous card, so so pretty! Love it!
Erin x

Chrissie said...

Stunning card again Cathy, I just loved it!

Becky said...

Love your gorgeous card Cathy, sorry I'm late commenting, it's been one of those weeks!!
Such a pretty image and papers!
Love Becky xx