Saturday, 15 August 2009

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #45

This week's challenge has been set by Claire and its Fancy Corners. I don't have corner punches or dies so I have gone for stamped corners.

Here's another stamp I haven't inked up for ages - so she's been inked up and watercoloured. I distressed the background using peeled paint, tattered rose and aged mahagony and used my nesties to cut it and the matt out. I have kept the layout simple and embellishment free as flowers looked too fussy.
For the corners I stamped the corners in peeled paint and then brushed gold perfect pearls over it. I spritzed them and then dried them so they have a gold shimmer.
Do take a look at the other DT members cards.
While you are reading this I am in Penrith at a craft retreat for the weekend! hopefully I'll get some cards made ... but might shop and chat more LOL!!

I am offering someone the chance to get their hands on some surprise crafting goodies - check out my this post for details.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sarah Kay Roses Garden; Hero Arts scrolls
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: MME Wild Asparagus
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Super card Cathy and beautifully coloured in. Hope you're enjoying the holiday and it's not raining. Hugs, Wendy x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous card Cathy

Hugs Jane x

cheryl said...

just adore this card hun so much love the distressed look love cheryl xxxxxxx

nessy said...

gorgeous card cathy ~love that sweet image ~and those corners are elegant and dazzling!!
hope you enjoy some more crafting...or shopping and chatting!!
vanessa xx

Happy Crafter said...

gorgeous card Cathy great apapers and image which is coloured beautifully:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww ,what a beautiful card Cathy,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x