Monday, 3 August 2009

Sketch and Stash #16

Here's another fabulous sketch from Becky. I rotated the sketch for my card, and the image, flowers and ribbon are new.
I coloured the image in using my promarkers and then distressed the background using distress inks. I made the design paper myself using weather wood, milled lavender and dusty concorde distress inks and a Tattered Angels mask. I spritzed frost glimmer mist over the mask and dried it before taking the mask off.

Life has been incredibly hectic here and I apologise if I haven't got round to visiting your blog ... hopefully life will settle down a bit in the next couple of weeks.


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar nellie Manga girl; Pollycraft Sherbert sentiment
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: homemade
Embellishments: ribbon, flowers and charm from stash

17 comments:

Caroljenks said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! Love your colouring and that sentiment is fab.
I ordered some Mangas yesterday....wonder if they'll come today :)

Carol x

Francesca said...

wonderful card ,love the colours

hugs
Francesca x

cats whiskers said...

This is fabulous what a great image and such fabulous colouring and colour choice love it
Hugs Jacqui x

Ali Watson said...

Fabby card honey, your promarker colouring is fab.

Karen said...

Gorju, gorjus, gorjus !

Love Karen x

CraftyC said...

She's gorgeous Cathy, love the colours!
Clairex

Crafting Diva said...

Hi stunning card love the image and you have coloured her so well with your pro markers. Great sentiment too!!!

Becky said...

What a stunning card Cathy and I am so impressed that you even made your own backing paper! Loving the highlights on the image too!
Thanks for another wonderful card hon!!
Love Becky xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, you have coloured this cute little manga girl beautifully! Love it!
Erin

Lori said...

Love this card! The image is adorable and I love the way the sentiment is written and of course I LOVE the purple! :)

cheryl said...

wondeful card love the coluring and great sentiment too love cheryl xxxxxxxx

Nilla said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, love the soft tone purple colors! Hugs Nilla

Rach said...

Hiya kathy. love your card. the little manga image is adorable, i am hoping that mine land on the door mat this morning.. fingers crossed.. hope that life slows down a little for you. hugs rach.xxx

Karin said...

Gorgeous card Cathy.
Love the lay-out, colours and fabulous stamp.

Have a great day,
xoxo Karin

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous as usual Cathy!

having a {me} day said...

Oh wow!! Love your distressy papers that you created and how they fit in with your coloured image. katxx