Saturday, 8 August 2009

Basic Grey Challenge

Yay!!!! The Basic Grey challenge is back with a fab sketch.



I stamped Tilda and then masked her to create the flower scene. She's coloured in distress inks ... and I resisted the temptation to distress the edges!! I matted the iamge and the dp onto pale blue cardstock. I added the tag held on with a sparkly brad and some flowers.

I am enjoying the peace and quiet ... but the cat has returned with a little pressie for me (shrew - lovely!!) and is demanding love so it might be a while before I get back to crafting.





Recipe:
Stamp(s): Tilda and background from summer kit
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Blush
Embellishments: flowers, brad and ribbon from stash

17 comments:

Karen said...

Gorju, just gorjus. Love that image and those pspers are scrummy.

Love Karen x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Cathy, so sweet! Love your DP.
Erin x

Jo Nevill said...

What a fabulous take on Tara's sketch. I love Tilda in the flowers and the lovely papers you chose.

Thank you for joining at BasicGrey Challenges this week.

Jo x

Jill said...

beautiful card Cathy, love the layout hugs Jill xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Helen said...

Lovely - these are some of my favourite papers!
Helen x

Powerful Search Engine said...

Beautiful card Cathy I love Tilda in her meadow of flowers. Eek a shrew!!!! They think they are so clever bringing us little pressies my old cat used to bring frogs, mice, butterflies, live birds, dead birds... Hugs Pascale

Minxy said...

sweet card, i love tildas background

hugs ♥ Minxy ♥

Liz Weber said...

LOL poor kitty just wants some loving Cathy. Love your adorable card - you coloured that cute image just beautifully, thanks for the inspiration!

Tara Godfrey said...

Very sweet Cathy! I love this little scene with Tilda on her belly in the flowers and such pretty papers and colours...too cute!
Thanks for joining us this week at BG Challenges!
Hugs,t

Carolyn V said...

That is a sweet card! The colours are perfection! Great job!!

Martine said...

Oh wow this is stunning, i adore the papers and embellies you have used :), thanks for joining us this week at BG challenges

x
Martine

Heather said...

Hi Cathy - gorgeous card - love the colours and how you've sat/laid Tilda in the meadow...fab details.
Bad tempered little things shrews when they're caught aren't they (hee-hee) - or does your cat kill them first?
Thanks for playing along at our re-launch.
hugs Heather xx

June Houck said...

Beautiful! I don't have those blush dps. Your Tilda is adorable too; I haven't seen that one *sigh*.

Thanks for playing along at BGC :)

Saskia said...

Lovely card... so sweet!

Saskia :)

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Cathy. Love the image you've used and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

Kim Costello said...

Wow, what a wonderful card Cathy, I love your take on Tara's sketch. Gorgeous BG papers and I love your colours and Tilda.

Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week.
HuGs Kim :)