Thursday, 13 August 2009

Dutch Dare Card Challenge and a little give away ...

This week's DDCC is Christmas in August. I have found this challenge sooo hard - really not into the Christmas spirit yet and haven't made a Christmas card for ages, although I did say I was going to make 2 a week in January!! I am going for the simple, elegant look in cards this year!

I used this neglected Santa collage stamp and stamped it using black soot distress ink. I brushed gold heirloom perfect pearls over it, spritzed it and dried it. I matted the image onto gold cardstock and then black cardstock. I embossed the gold cardstock using my baubles embossing folder. I used a strip of black cardstock under the gold angel hair, used some fancy braid I found whilst rummaging, and coloured the peel-off black using a promarker.

Hree's a photo of the image covered with perfect pearls.
Do take a peek at the other DT cards and I look forward to seeing your Christmas cards.
OK a little teaser for you ... what have I made this masked panel for?
The first person to guess correctly before Sunday lunch time will win a surprise parcel of crafting goodies from me. If no-one guesses correctly I will send the parcel to the person who is closest or most original!!
I will give you a clue ... I have made two as identical as I can get them.
I will post what i have used them for and the winner on Sunday evening ... happy thinking!!
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Santa Collage
Colouring Media: distress inks and perfect pearls
Papers: cardstock
Embellishments: braid and peel-off from stash

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Te hehehe!! try again cathy!
I think the panel is for a paper bag card or bag your making! and the santa card although this is not a stamp I like you have done a real great job! and I love the embossing! :0)

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Cathy! I think I will guess it's to make a pair of wings??
Love Becky xx

Jill said...

beautiful xmas card Cathy, I love the embossing, it looks so elegant, sorry not a clue what you've used hugs Jill xx

Papercraft Cafe said...

Wow! this is such a beautifully elegant Christmas card. I have this stamp and the CB folder so I may just have to see what i can come up with. Whatever the "angel hair" is looks fabulous!

Simone said...

Your card is very festive and elegant! This combination of black and gold is really great!
Simone