Monday, 24 August 2009

the middle bit!

Here's the middle of the paper bag. I used the same colours from the Bsaic Grey challenge and followed Rach's sketch from Just Magnolia.
Tilda is watercoloured and I distressed the background, before cutting her out using deckled nesties. I embossed the circle using my new embossing folder and added flower soft to the basket. I made a flower layered up with punched flowers and added an organza ribbon tag where the sentiment should be. I added three pearl to the edge as it looked a bit bare. I flipped the sketch for this page.
Really the same as above, but with the sketch the right way!!
And how the opened bag looks ...



Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Tilda with flower basket, Tilda with lilacs
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Sugared
Embellishments: punched flowers, ribbons and pearls from stash

4 comments:

Helen said...

Love the way you've mirrored the sketch here!
Helen x

Heather said...

Just fabulous Cathy - love your choice of papers and images. Brilliant the way you've mirrored the pages in this middle bit. Love the front and back as well but will stick to one comment as I'm desperately trying to catch up from my move here to Germany.
hugs Heather xx
ps - thanks for playing along at BG.

Bev said...

So sweet Cathy! Love your choice of papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week. x

June Houck said...

Cute cards!