Monday, 24 August 2009

A Magnolia Paper bag

We had a fab time at my friend's little boy's 18th birthday on Friday ... until she happened to say "Have you made that paper bag I asked you to make for my sister?" EEEKKKK I had totally forgotten ... so I have spent what spare time I have had over the weekend making a paper bag gift for her to give to her sister.
I have posted the pages/sides over a couple of posts as it is for a few challenges and I hate bombarding you with lots of photos - makes you read more of my blog too!!
For the front I used the sketch over at Friday Sketcher (link on my sidebar), the Just Magnolia monthly challenge which is 3d (went a bit mad on the layering!!) and the Basic Grey challenge, pink, yellow and brown.
I watercoloured Tilda and cut her out several times. I layered up her dress, basket, boots and face. I cut out a circle of white paper from the dp and distressed it. The flowers are punched and mounted so the stand out (I love silicone!!). I used flower soft for the basket of flowers.

Here's a pic of the layering.


I'd like to add a slideshow of the bag here ... but don't know how to - do I feel small LOL!! Can anyone help?


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Tilda with basket
Colouring Media:Distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Sugared
Embellishments: punched flowers and pearls

12 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fabulous Cathy

Love it

Hugs Jane x

Moni said...

Gorgeous, love 3D effect! Hugs,moni

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is gorgeous Cathy. Fab colouring and beautiful layering on the image.
Sharon xx

Helen said...

This is lovely Cathy! I can't believe you managed to make it so quickly!

I added slideshow of my retreat cards in a post by uploading the photos to my photobucket site, you can then view the album as a slideshow, and there's the html code that you can copy & paste into your blog post...hope that makes sense...give me a shout if it doesn't! lol
Helen x

cheryl said...

this is one fab card hun love it when you see peoples slide shows on there blog if you click on it it will say want a slide show it will then take you over there and you can put your own pictures in and add text and things to it love cheryl xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Cathy, this is just gorgeous!! Love the pretty flowers in her basket!! Terrific job!! ;) HUGS

Chrissie said...

This is just gorgeous Cathy, you are clever sweetie!

cats whiskers said...

What a great layout dear and such beautiful colour scheme I love it, your colouring is just perfect as are your embellies
Hugs Jacqui x

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous, love it xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy hunny sorry about your friends father please send my condolences to her!!.......... on a positive note LOVEEEEE the paper bag and I will do mine on my return!!

June Houck said...

WOW, Ellie! Your layering is really wonderful. That card is definitely for someone special!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous. Love the 3D effects.
Hugs
Desire