Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Christmas in August!!

I have struggled colouring this image in today - stamped her onto linen card and three times it all went splodgey, so didn't do much shading in the end!
I have made this card for 4 challenges:
Whiff of Joy challenge - a fab sketch by Rach
Our Creative Corner - Christmas in August
Creative Card Crew - Christmas in August
Simon Say Stamp - Christmas in August

I watercoloured the image and distressed the edges. I used these fab Daisy D papers ad matted them onto cardstock. I added organza ribbon and white lace, and flowers which I layered and spritzed with glimmer mist. I stamped a corner detail onto the dp and onto a corner of the image. No sentiment yet - I must get some small Christmas sentiment stamps.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Willow with Lantern
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Daisy D
Embellishments: prima flowers, roses, ribbon and lace from stash

21 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

beautiful card sweetie

hugs jane x

Victoria said...

It turned out gorgeous hun x

Jill said...

ohh Beautiful card Cathy, well done on getting 4 challenges from one card hugs Jill xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,i love the image and colours.
so gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Becky said...

Stunning card Cathy, I think she's been coloured beautifully!
Love Becky xx

Uma said...

beuatiful, very elegant

Saskia said...

Very elegant card!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Kim. said...

I think thid card turned out stunning. The papers look lovely too.
Kim xXx

Pauline C said...

Really lovely - great image and fabulous papers.
Pauline x

Helen said...

Gorgeous ard Cathy! Love the colours and papers!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

cheryl said...

this is so beautiful love the papers you have used too love cheryl xxxxx

Paula said...

Wow what a beautiful card i just adore the pretty image Cathy and what a fab layout.Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is a very beautiful card! I love the composition and the flowers!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Rach said...

beautiful sweetie, love this image, she looks so elegant.thank you for playing along this week at whiff of joy. Hugs Rachxx

Jo Nevill said...

Such a gorgeous card. I love the scrummy papers you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo and the SSC DT x

Powerful Search Engine said...

love all your detail and soft colouring hugs Pascalex

Claire Ellen Designs said...

Lovely detail, super xcolours, thanks for joining us at WOJ this week, hugs, Claire

MrsMomma said...

Beautiful card! That image is so lovely and you colored it perfect!

Giò said...

Beautiful card and nice chose for the christmas theme. hugs giò

Simone said...

Oh what an amazing card, the colours are so wonderful and precious ... really fantastic.
Simone

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Awesome card Cathy! I love the background you made to Willow. Fabulous use of the papers. Love the colours and details. Thanks for joining us at CCC.
Sharon xx