Sunday, 2 August 2009

waterskiing mouse!!

I didn't do any crafting yesterday - Ellie announced at 6.30am that she wanted to go to an areroplane museum ... now where did that come from?!? So we met up with Vicky and her family at RAF Cosford's Air museum and spent the best part of 4 hours looking at planes and helicopters ... her are my two tomboys!

Today Dave has taken the girls out on some erands so I can do all the housework and cleaning ready for work tomorrow. I have to confess to sneaking into my craft room to make this card for a few challenges:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Summer
Allsorts - recipe - 3 flowers, 2 papers, 1 ribbon
Sunday Sketch and Stamp - sketch
I love this ickle mouse and really should stamp it up more often. I watercoloured the image and the cut him out using my label nesties. I love these papers (given to me by Vicky) and think they have a fresh, summery feel to them. The ribbon is one piece wrapped round the dp. Finally I layered up a flower and spritzed it with gold glimmer mist.

I'm going to do a bit more tidying up and then crack on with some design team cards.
Do pop back tomorrow to see my Sketch and Stash DT card - its another cracking sketch by Becky.

There is an ew challenge blog starting soon - Bizzy Becs - Creatalicious Challenge. The Challenges will start on 15th August 2009 and a new Challenge put up once a month thereafter. They have a Celebration Blog Candy on offer to celebrate this new challenge.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Water lily skiing
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: K and Co
Embellishments: ribbon, pearl and flowers from stash

23 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Sounds like you had a super day out. Gorgeous card too love the image it's adorable.

Kari said...

Sounds like you all had a fun day!! :)

Your card is lovely!The image is so cute and wonderful colours!
Lovely details and paper!

Have a great day in the sun :)

Hugs,Kari :)

Jill said...

beautiful card Cathy, love the cute mouse. Aww your daughters are so cute hugs Jill x

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, sounds like you had a great day! Love your sweet little card, this image is so cute! And I love those papers!
Erin x

Squirrel x said...

Cathy - sounds like your little angels had a brilliant day! Bet they slept well.

Adore your Waterskiing Mouse - lovely, fresh and vibrant colours. Layout is just fab. You have given me the urge to go a ferret my stamp of this out now!

Squirrel x

tracie said...

Hi Cathy, oh your girls look like they had a fabulous day.. Love your gorgeous card hun, this image is so sweet and love the pretty details. Thanks for joining in the fun this week.. have a good day.
Hugs
Tracie :)x

clare said...

AWW..whata a sweeth card love the cute image and your colour combo..and a great take on my sketch..thanks for taking part in SS&S challenge..good luck and we hope you can join us again clare DT x

CraftyC said...

Your girls look adorable Cathy, butter wouldn't melt aye! LOL. Sounds like a great day out, bit to far for me mind. And nawty you for sneaking into the craftroom, but I suppose you could count paper shuffling as a chore.....Lovely card
Clairex

Karen said...

Glad you had a great day out. Your girls look so sweet.

Gorjus card Cathy, really lovely.

Love Karen x

Jules said...

Hi Cathy

What a cute card. Love that image very much and the way the butterfly is flying off onto the patterned paper.

So nice to have a bit of "naughty craft time"!!!

So pleased you could join in the fun with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card and glad you all had a great day out - the girls look soooo cute!

Carol x

Lisa said...

Hi Cathy, Such a sweet card! I love this cute PB image. Great photo of your girls!

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Lisa x

Sunday Sketch and Stamp said...

Great card - I love how your image spills out of the square.

Thanks for taking part in our SS&S challenge this week.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card and photo Cathy,i love the stamp and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kath Stewart said...

this is so gorgeous cathy....love the summer colours and your beautifully coloured image...wow sounds like a great day out......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxxx

Helen said...

What a great photo of your girls...I was such a tomboy too when I was little! lol
Fab card - I love that little mouse!
Helen x

Dawn said...

Hiya Cathy
Aww me too what a cutie - gorgeous design too

hugs
Dawn
xx

Rach said...

a gorgoeus card Cathy. so sweet!
your girls look so sweet, sounds like you had a fab day out..
thank you for joining in with my blog candy. good luck. hugs rachxx

Becky said...

I adore your card Cathy, but your 2little angels really do steal the show! How sweet they look holding hands!!
Love Becky xx

Gro said...

Great card. And I love the colour.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Cathy - love your image and how you have cut out the butterfly to make him fly off the nestie. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a cute card hun
love the little Penny Black image

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Emma xxx

thescrapmaster said...

Lovely card! I love the yellow :O)
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos Creator -Come play at SPCC!
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com