Saturday, 8 August 2009

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #44

This week's challenge has been set by Wendy and its as Cute as a bug.

I used this gorgeous Tilda and Ladybug, and the ladybird from the Spring kit. I watercoloured them and layered them up following Debby's tutorial on the Just Magnolia Challenge blog. I kept the layout quite simple, just some ribbon and some punched flowers. I love the dp - its got really pretty butterflies on it.
Here's a view of the layering - I am really pleased how it turned out for a first effort!

Do take alook at the other DT creations.
I'm off to buy a new waterbrush - it keeps flooding and spoiling my shading - arggghhhh!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Spring kit - Tilda with Ladybug, ladybird
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers:Basic Grey Urban Priaire
Embellishments: punched flowers and swirl, gems and ribbon from stash

12 comments:

Karen said...

Aaaaawww she's gorjus. Love the ladybug and BG papers. Gorjus !

Love Karen x

Nunt said...

Cathy, such a lovely card and I love the layering!

xx,
nunt

Kim Dellow said...

So cute - love the dimension. Kim

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Guylaine Seyer said...

I really like your blog!!!
I am verry happy to see all challenge blog's list in the right column. Fantastic. If you wish to add an other one: www.karmascrap.blogspot.com

Kristen H said...

I love the layering, what a great card. I thought I had a Magnolia stamp, but it is a Hanglar. I won it. I went to order more, because she is so cute and you have to live in Norway or Sweden to get them. Too bad!
Have a great day!!!

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! I love the papers you used.
Hugs, Vanja

Donna said...

Absolutely beautiful Cathy, so pretty :) Donna x

Squirrel x said...

Wow Cathy, she is just delicious! Cute as a bug indeed, fabulous card hun. Squirrel xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Cathy, love all the layers on tilda it look fab and the dp are yummy hugs Jill xx

Helen said...

Awwww...how sweet - love the layering!
Helen x

Wendy said...

Super card Cathy love the BG papers. Hugs, Wendy x