Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Whiff of Joy Bling

This week's WOJ challenge is to add bling to your card. I am in the process of making sympathy cards (not my favourite type to make) and I thought I would make my friend's little girl one, but try not to make it too sympathy ... if you know what I mean, she is only 3 years old.
Ellie chose the image, and I watercoloured it and cut it our, removing the wings under Ellie's orders!! I have kept the layout very simple and inked the edges of the labels mats. I stamped a border using versamark and then brushed perfect pearls over it. I made the gem scroll by using a clear scroll stamp and following the outline with gems. No ribbon or flowers.
Heres's a photo of the border - doesn't show up too well.


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Confirmand Melinda; Kelly Paccini border stamps
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: various from stash
Embellishments: gems from stash

7 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

such a difficult card to make but you've done a fabulous job

Hugs Jane x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Karen said...

STUNNING !

Love Karen x

Jill said...

You've done a fab job of it Cathy, hugs Jill xx

amanda stokes said...

Hi Cathy!
Beautiful card i love this image
hugs amanda x

Kim. said...

A lovely card for a difficult situation. A really nice gesture for a small child as they tend to get left out but are grieving just as much.
Kim xXx

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Cathy, she will love this. Hugs Michele x