I used the image with the bird and masked it off so I could put her on these steps. I watercoloured the image and distressed it. I added the butterfly but haven't coloured it. I resisted the urge to distress the papers - I wanted a faintly grungey look, but not too shabby, but did distress the flowers. I sanded the coredinations papers and added metallic eyelets. The sentiment is from a Take That song - couldn't stand them 1st time round, obviously I am mellowing! I distressed the tag and added a couple of butterflies.
The idea is to put some photos round it at angles ... just need to summon up the courage and get a box of tissues before doing the pictures thing!
We're off to Vicky's this afternoon to celebrate Edward's birthday - so I will be back tomorrow moring with the March Sugar Sugar project and my WOJ GDT card - well I won't be, hopefully the scheduled post will work!!
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Gorguss Girls A Little Birdie otld me; Magnolia steps; WOJ Spring stamp kit butterfly
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: K & Co Blue Awning; Coredinations; cardstock
Embellishments: Prima flowers; Papermania eyelets; ribbon from stash

19 comments:
This card is beautiful and i love the sentiment
love tasha xx
beautiful card, love the colours and I bet your friend would have adored it
AllisonX
Lovely way to remember her Cathy, and beautiful work as always x
Oh Cathy this is really beautiful, love the butterfly and sentiment. So sad about your friend she sure sounded fun, the page will be such a wonderful keepsake with the pictures added.
Joanne x
Beautiful way to remember a good friend
This is beautiful Cathy! It will make a great centre piece on your scrapbook page.
Helen x
Wow what a beautiful and lovely thing to make in memory of your friend xxxso sorry xxx
hugs Dawnxxx
Wow.... Cathy
your card is so lovely!
It`s a beautiful way to remember a good friend!
Hugs Gisela
oh cathy what a beautiful scrap~page~what a wonderful way to remember your friend ~hand me a tissue!!
vanessa xx
Gorgeous card Cathy.x
It's gorgeous hunny, really gorgeous. Such a treasured memory of your friend - who sounded a little like me - but my hair is purple at the moment...
Stunning card Cathy and so sorry to hear about your friend - she sounded a real free spirit...
Hugs
Dawn
Beautiful card Cathy :)
Val xxx
I have left a little something for you on my blog :)
It's wonderful Cathy...It will be a lovely tribute to your friend!
*hugs*
sammi
What a stunning and fitting tribute to a dear friend. She must have been so young - how tragic :o( You have honoured her memory so beautifully though; she would be proud!
BTW, I have to say, I love your blog background!! :o)
Beautiful page and sentiment - so sad about your friend, she must have been so young when she died. This is a beautiful way of remembering her.
pauline x
How apt a sentiment - a beautiful centre piece, I'm sure your friend would have loved it xx
A beautiful card with a very touching sentiment. What a lovely tribute to your friend. It is hard to lose a friend... I can tell how much you miss her.
Thanks for playing along this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs Jeanette
Just gorguss! Great colors and she's just adorable! Thanks for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge! Good luck!
Post a Comment