Saturday, 21 February 2009

Get well card

I have combined 3 challenges for this card:
PBSC - Get well card
Sketch Saturday Sketch
Stamp Something - 3D

I watercoloured the image a couple of times and distressed the edges with distress ink. My waterbrush is misbehaving at the moment so the hedgie looks a bit blotchy! I cut and decoupaged the hedgehog and 3 of the daisies. As Ellie was hanging around I let her glitter the daisies which is why they are GLITTERED! I matted the image and papers onto orange cardstock and added the sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Hedgehog bouquet
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: DCWV Pocketful of Posies, Nursery stack
Embellishments: Prima flowers, brads from stash, computer generated sentiment

38 comments:

tracie said...

Hi Cathy, hope your well hun.. oh I love this card, hedgie looks fabulous and I love the pretty papers.
Thanks for joining us this week
Have a great weekend hun
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful Cathy. Love old hedgie, which I think you have coloured beautifully. The daisies look great being well GLITTERED. Great interpretation of the sketch as well. Hugs from Desire

Debbie said...

Beautiful Card Cathy, beautiful colours. The hedgie image is adorable and I love how you have layered 3d the flowers. Debbie x

Allison said...

love the colours, fab image, really lovely card
AllisonX

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Cathy this is beautiful I love the 3D work its so effective....


Emma xxx

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Cathy, I love all the glitter :-) Lovely hedgie too :-)
Lorraine

Julie Kettlewell - Stampin Up UK Independent Demonstrator - Order products 24/7 said...

OOoooo I LOVE this Cathy, fab, Jules x

Casi said...

So sweet! I love this image and your card is beautiful!

Greetings from Kerstin

Lesley said...

hi huni!!! this is gorgeous!!! luv n hugs lesley xxx

Larissa said...

Lovely card! I like the 3d in the flowers!

Hugs,
Larissa

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

This is so great - your design in 3d - lovely

Becky said...

The colouring on the hedgie looks brill Cathy, you could almost stroke him! And the card is made all the more wonderful by the glittered daisies, I think your gremlin did a great job!!
Love Becky xx

Helen said...

Fab card! Love the 3D flowers...and they look great glittered! lol
Helen x

Tasha said...

Wow this card is gorgeous and would make anyone feel a whole lot better
love tasha xx

Erin- said...

I love the colors in this card! So sweet!!

Lyn said...

Brilliant card, love the colour scheme and that hedgehog is too cute for words

Pauline C said...

Hi Cathy - vey pretty card for the challenge - love the cute hedgie and your sketch layout. thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

jenny said...

Gorgeous card, love how you 3-d the cute hedgie x

Jennyx

Jeanette said...

Wonderful card! I love that sweet image and the gorgeous DP! Have a great weekend and thanks for joining in this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs Jeanette xxx

Sue said...

Love this card. The greens and oranges are great.Very nice.

ella bella said...

wow you have been so busy since my last visit, all your cards are so gorgeous. I especially love this one, the image is one of my favourites.
Tracy x

mueppi said...

Beautiful card Cathy, I love all the glitter and the hedge image!!!!!
Hugs Gisela

Jackie said...

Ah that's so cute, love that image.
Jackie

Unknown said...

Adorable Card, I really love it. Thank you so much for sharing.The dog is just too cute!

Have a great weekend,
Jessica Lynn

Unknown said...

OMg.. that isn't a dog it's a hedgehog.. lol.. so cute!!! I LOVE IT

Jessica

Unknown said...

OMg.. that isn't a dog it's a hedgehog.. lol.. so cute!!! I LOVE IT

Jessica

Unknown said...

OMg.. that isn't a dog it's a hedgehog.. lol.. so cute!!! I LOVE IT

Jessica

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Beautiful card Cathy! I love the image and the colours you have used.

Julie

Nicola said...

Wow Cathy what a gorgeous card.I adore this hedgie and the flowers look fab all glittered and 3d´d, love your dp´s too. -x-

Sue said...

Beautiful card, luv the hedgies, lovely papers, sue.xx

Mrs Wonka said...

Wow Cathy this is stunning, I love that hedgie!

Mrs Wonka x

didi said...

magnifique
bravo

SewSuzySew said...

Just Beautiful and a wonderful coloured Hedgie!

Suze x

Beth said...

Oh this is so sweet! I love the bright colours! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Deb M. said...

Adorable card!! Love it!!

TFS...

Rachel said...

WOW!this is gorgeous, i love the colors you used.

Bev said...

Oooh this is stunning Cathy - love the 3D daisies, they really pop. FAb colouring and delish papers

Monica Anderberg said...

Wow, what a wonderful card! I really like your combo colours!
Monica at http://scrapoleket.blogspot.com/