Friday, 6 February 2009

A couple of cards

I made this for the CCT challenge this week (Metallica) and The Chrisma Cardz recipe challenge.
I do love these Elizabeth Bells, and love colouring them. I have kept it reasonably simple, just distressing the image, and adding simple flowers and swirls. I love this strawberry charm.
This is one of the cards I made at my craft retreat. A friend set a challenge to make a card using bits and peices she sent and a new technique ... so I chose shrink plastic.
I am quite pleased with the results ... and now the mind is racing with all the things the girls can do with it!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Strawberry Tea by Sugar Nellie, Daisy Chain and sentiment by Penny Black
Colouring Media: Distress inks, watercolour pencils
Papers: K and Co, DCWV Pocketfull of Posies, Coredinations
Embellishments: Prima flowers, brads, gems, ribbon and charms from stash

19 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rach said...

your cards are gorgeous hun, love the images that you have used. hugs rachxx

Paula said...

WOW cathy your card is stunning wow great paper's and love the image. Thankyou for taking part in the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Glitter Monkey said...

Absolutely beautiful cards - both very elegant. Thanks for joining in CCT. Lol Lynn x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Gorgeous cards honey & well done on your friends challenge one it's super...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Jo Hopwood said...

I knew you would find a way to use your favourite big stamps!

I really like these :-)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow two gorgeous cards ,love the cute images ,hugs Dawnxx

Leanne said...

Wonderful!! Thank you for joining in with the Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
Leanne :o)
xx

Deb said...

fabulous cards, love the images, the shrunken one is so sweet!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great day! Debx

Sue said...

aww two beautiful cards, gorgeous images,sue.x

Ali Watson said...

They are fab, Cathy she is such a cutie. Love your shinking the plastic too. Fab. Have a lovely weekend.

rozzyb said...

gorgeous cards xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card hunni! such lovely colours too! and i love your swirls!!! thanks for playing with charisma cardz challenges carlz xxx

Anne said...

great card Cathy, that image is gorgeous

Vee said...

Beautiful card love this image Elizabeth Bell is one of my favourites too. Your colouring is brillian, love the extra details you have added. Thanks for joining the Charisma Cardz challenge.

good luck

xx Vee

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful cards Cathy. Love the details you've added to bothe of them and super images. Thanks for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
Sharon xx

Dawn said...

Aww what sweet stamps and love your swirls - I think i'm some kind of swirl freak at the moment - I'm using them on eveything!!! LOL

Dawn

Bev said...

Two beauties there hun - the shirnk plastic has really worked so well with that image. The SN card is so sweet, such pretty colours.

hugs Bev x

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy, loving the shrink plastic, and of course the Elisabeth Bell image which you have coloured beautifully. Thanks for using my CC recipe!
Joanne x