Wednesday, 17 April 2013

A couple of cards

 
I used Teddy Jack with Fluff from Crafty Sentiments for this card - it was one of the April release images, and I adore Jack and his woofy friend! I coloured the iamge using my pens and added stickles to the flower and butterfly. I made the flowers and added pearls to their centres, and added lace and gingham ribbon.  Finally some flat backed pearls and a sentiment to finish it.

Supplies:
Sentiment: Craftwork cards
Colouring medium: promarkers 
(walnut, cocoa, cinnamon, tan, shale, tawny owl, march hare)
(antique pink, cocktail pink, pale pink, bright green, lime green, soft green)
Papers: Simple Stories

Challenges:
The Paper Shelter - make it bloom
Craft your passion - adorable animals
Cupcake craft - cute and cuddly
Bearly Mine - spring flowers
Creative Card Crew - handmade flowers
Flutterby Wednesday - add a entiment
I love Promarkers - pastel colours
Paper Pretties - happy birthday
Divas by Design - butterflies and birds
Crafts and Me  - bling it up
Sweet Stampin - pastels
One Stop - pastels
My Heart Pieces - spring
Joanna Sheen - spring into spring
Crafty Ribbons - pink and green
Ready teddy  Go - anything goes

I stamped the sentiment in black archival ink onto the cardstock and used the labels nestie to cut it out.  I layered it up onto yellow and navy blue cardstock and then added the black gems.  I embossed the card blank using the Provocraft Morrocan Screen folder and simply added the sentiment.
Supplies:
 Image: 
Sentiment: Stampin Up Time set
Colouring medium:
Papers: navy, yellow, white cardstock
Embellishments: black flat backed gems
Tools: Spellbinders labels die, Provocraft Morrocan screen embossing folder

Challenges:
 Tuesday Throwdown - focus on a sentiment
Colour Throwdown - yellow, white, blue, black
Crafty Creations - no patterned paper
Cutie Pie - clean and simple

 

29 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

OH wow the first one is really so cute with gorgeous colouring and I love the sentiment as the focus on the second.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and pretty colours.

Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I♥Promarkers.
Lorraine x

mixamatoasties said...

Aha! Brilliant. The second card is exactly what I need to do for one of my other commissioned cards!

Fab cards though. Both of them.

Susan xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and such a sweet design! Thank you for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week.

Ali said...

Sooo cute x

Danni said...

So very adorable! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous sweetie...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Sandra said...

Two great cards.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Sandra xxx

Aunty Sue said...

Wow loving your colour combo on this sweet card and great flowers too.thanks for joining us at divas for design this week and good luck. Xx

Mirella said...

Great colouring and I really like the pastel colours you used. Thank you for joining us at Divas By Design this week!

pinky said...

Two very different but gorgeous cards Cathy. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

Gail said...

I love this card. The image is as sweet as can be, your colors are wonderful, your diecuts are great, your handmade flowers are fantastic (I can't manage them...I must be all thumbs), and the overall card is outstanding. Thanks so much for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' challenge! --Gail

mixamatoasties said...

Oops. And again....

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan xxx

lalkygirl said...

what a sweet card ,love the delicate colours and beautiful flowers
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers challenge and good luck
Tracey x

Harriet Skelly said...

That is such a cute image - thank you for playing with us at Flutter By Wednesday!

Mei said...

Love the flower! The colouring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

Mei
CCC DT
Love to Create DT
Crazy Challenge DT

Peanut said...

What a sweet card, Cathy! Bold, fun colours. Thanks for entering our Focus on the Sentiment challenge. It's been a pleasure to see your creation. Please come back next week and show us more! …x
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Unknown said...

Awww this is so cute Cathy, I love the soft colours and detail and style. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

Debs M said...

gorgeous card and colouring, love the colour scheme and flowers! Thanks for joining us for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x
Debbie Dt

having a {me} day said...

So cute! I love the colour combo you've used. keeley

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a stunning card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well of “spring flowers”. Love the pastel colours you have used. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

RoseC said...

Cathy, your beautifully colored and sparkly Teddy Jack with Fluff looks fabulous on this soft and very pretty card. Lovin' your scalloped edged card and delicate layered elements!!! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Bling It Up!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Wendy said...

Adorable and so gorgeous...Thanks for playing along with us at Ready-Teddy-Go this month.
Wendy xx

Joynana said...

Great sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Eileen said...

Such a cute image, and beautifully coloured. Love your colour choices and layout. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week, and good luck
Eileen x

Joey said...

Two fabulous cards Cathy, love the softness of colours on the top one and gorgeous embossing on the bottom. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. Joey xx

Cindy said...

TOO adorable! Love the layout you chose and the colours! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces!

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card, love the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

Unknown said...

Such a cute card! I love your soft colours and the pretty little flowers!

Thank you for joining the challenge at the Creative Card Crew!

Sheena
xxx