I have made this canvas for my best friend as she is moving and is an obsessive sewer!!! I added texture paste through a harlequin mask to the conrners and then mixed gesso and dusty concorde distress ink, and painted over the canvas. I sprinkled aged wine frantage over the canvas and heated it from underneath. stamps from the Sewing Room set were stamped in versafine and distress inks onto cotton fabric and trimmed. I stamped the mannikin onto a double layer and sewed round it before stuffing it to add dimension. I used the sewing stitches to add detail to the edges of the canvas. I stamped the corset in dusty concorde distress ink and in versamark ink and frantaged it.
And for more inspiration don't forget to check out the Visible Image's facebook page, and the Visible Image blog where we have a monthly challenge. This month's theme is Get Stamping
Supplies:
Image: Visible Image The Sewing Room, Corset
Sentiment: Visible Image The Sewing Room
Colouring medium:gesso, distress inks
Papers:
Embellishments: frantage
Tools:
Challenges:
Make it Monday
Make it Monday



4 comments:
So gorgeous Cathy.
Hugs Riet.xx
Fantastic card Cathy. I saw this on MIM..Loz
Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week for a new challenge!
Rene :D
I saw your work at MIM and I really like it. It's a beautiful card!
Post a Comment