Monday, 29 April 2013

Colouring Clara from Visible Image 5

I am absolutely in love with Clara, the latest character stamp from Visible Image Stamps.



How gorgeous is she, all sassy and steampunky :)
We were having a conversation in the DT group about coluring her and I offered to do a tutorial to show how I coloured her hat, as larger white spaces can be scary.  Since I was doing the hat, I also did photos for how I colourd all of her so over the next few days I am going to share with you how I coloured Clara. I am no expert by the way!!

I like to colour from darkest to lightest, its personal preference, but I find I get a better effect this way.  My preferred cardstock is Diamond White from the Paperterie, and for my stamped images I use 300msg.

The first thing I do is decide where the light source is coming from, and I usually either go for top left or right as I find this easiest. 
So for this image the light is coming from the top left hand corner as I look at it.

This is the final instalment of my tutorials on how to colour Clara.
For the hat band and umbrella I used burnt orange, orange, bright orange, tequila sunrise promarkers - I love orange and purple as a colour combination.

I started with burnt orange and outlined the darkest areas on the hat band and inside the umbrella.

I then went over those areas and into the white space with orange,

And then with bright orange.

I added depth to the shaded areas using burnt orange.

And blended it using orange.

I added burnt orange to the outer part of the umbrella, thinking about where the darkest parts would be.

Then I went over then coloured parts and into the white space with orange,
 and then bright orange.
 I then went over with burnt orange followed by organe to darken up the shaded areas. And added bright orange to more of the white space.
 Finally I blended everything together with tequila sunrise.

Tomorrow you will see the card I made using Clara ;)

Supplies
Colouring medium: promarkers 
Colours: burnt orange, orange, bright orange, tequila sunrise
 

No comments: