Monday, 29 April 2013

Baby girl


One of our friend's has had her baby at 32 weeks, but fortunately baby is making good progress and while she is still in hospital, hopefully she will be out soon.  I coluored the image using my pens in and then stickled her wings.  I embossed the white cardstock using a couple of embossing folders, and then die cut flowers and layered them up.  Finally, pearls, lace and gingham ribbon to finish.  I really need to get myself some baby sentiments.

Supplies:
Image: Saturated Canary Butterfly Baby
Sentiment: 
Colouring medium: promarkers
Papers: DCWV Nana Nursery, Paper ill linen
Embellishments: pearls, ribbon, lace, buttons, stickles
Tools: Dienamics layered rose die, Spellbinders circle nestibilities

Challenges: 
I love promarkers - square card with something round on it
Simon Says Stamp -anything goes
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon
Challenges4everybody - anything goes
Sweet Stampin' - anything but birthday
 Totally papercrafts - lace and flowers
One stop - buttons nad bows
Totally Gorguss - ribbon and pearls
Whoopsi - add circles
Stamps+fun=creativity - Bingo (lace, free, flower)
Paper Playtime - emboss
My Heart peices - emboss
Bearly Mine - digi days
Stampin for the weekend - diecuts/punches
Stamp with fun - baby card
Saturated Canary - photo inspiration
CRAFT - fantasy/make beleive/ bling it up
Love to Create - punches/dies
Simply create - babies
 

30 comments:

Lozzy said...

Beautiful card Cathy, really pretty..Hugs Lozzy x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card love the use of the buttons. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

cebelica said...

Very beautiful card. I like all the embossing and how the colored image stands out from the white background. Fab work! Hugs! xx

Anne said...

It's gorgeous Cathy, very pretty.
Hope the wee one continues to progress well.
I've blank circular greetings I made myself if you want one to add a sentiment just give me a shout
Anne x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a gorgeous image.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Chana Malkah said...

This is just adorable! I love the coloring and you have chosen the perfect elements to present this delightful image! I saw this at MIM. We would love to have you play along with us at http://613avenuecreate.blogspot.com

Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

The Little Stamper said...

Fantastic card. I love that cute image and it's beautifully coloured.

Thanks for joining us a Bearly Mine this week.

Sharon (DT) x

Jayne Hayward said...

Congratulations to your friend and her new arrival hope they are both well and her little girl will be home very soon.

Your card is adorable and you have used a really cute image and coloured in beautifully.

Jayne x

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is so cute. I love the glitter on the wings. Thanks for joining us at PPT this week for our "Embossed" challenge.
Anita
DT PPT
http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

Danni said...

Very sweet card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that sweet image!!

Congrats to your friend!! God bless her and her new baby!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love this sweet image and gorgeous colouring..great take on our sketch this week..
Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

debby4000 said...

Do love your gorgeous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card Cathy! So glad the little one is doing well! :)
Lizy xx

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Playtime!

Stacey

loz said...

Hi Cathy, Another Gorgeous card and coloring. Visited from MIM..Loz

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for sharing with us at craft this week

mixamatoasties said...

Very pretty. Even in you know what.

Hope friends wee girl doing ok.

Susan xx

PS thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'

Sylvia x said...

Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT challenges this week with your super duper project. What a cutie she is.

Good luck with the challenge

Sylvia
xx

valou250809 said...

Wonderful card! perfect coloring! thanks for playing with "My Heart Peaces" this week. Good luck!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I seen your card on MIM! Love the dotted background. Beautifully colored! Love it!

Unknown said...

Oh this is adorable hun. What gorgeous colours and fabulous embossing. I love this sweet SC image, one of my favourites. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Wishcraft said...

Aww this is adorable! Love that sweet image and gorgeous design too. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Kim said...

So pretty! Love everything about it! Glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin'.

Clarissa Schupp said...

So cute and lovely. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun.
xoxo Clarissa

Paper Panda said...

Hi, saw this on MIM and had to come for a closer look. So pretty!
Mandy x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card really caught my eye! I saw it on Make it Monday MIM138 and I had to get a closer look. Your colouring is beautiful, and I love your flower accents. Well done! KT

Sheryl said...

Oh this is breathtaking. I just love the soft delicate nature of the whole card . It is so pretty. I saw your work at MIM and wanted a closer look.
Hugs Sheryl xx

mixamatoasties said...

Oops... and thanks for sharing at LTC too....

xxx

Loopylou. said...

awww this is so cute!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xx