Saturday, 20 April 2013

Visible Image butterfly

 Today I am showing you the large butterfly stamp from Visible Image Stamps.


Visible Image Blog Badge, Blinkie

I wanted to create a soft, unfussy vintage card and the Large Butterfly is perfect for this.  I stamped the butterfly onto blue cardstock and cut it out.  I simply embossed the crumb cake cardstock, and added a panel of patterned paper.  After adding lace, I added the floral oval, some pearls and the butterfly.


 And for more inspiration don't forget to check out the Visible Image's facebook page, and the Visible Image blog where we have a monthly challenge.  This month's theme isGet Stamping

Supplies:
Sentiment:
Colouring medium:
Papers: SU cardstock, Bazzill Vintage market place
Embellishments: lace, pearls
Tools: Spellbinders floral ovals, sizzix border embossing folder

Challenges:
Fuss and Fancy - Vintage
Papertake Weekly - one paper taker
Divas by Design - butterflies and birds
Crafts and Me  - bling it up 
Everybody Art - bling
2 Sisters - use blue/green
ABC challenge - L is for lovely lace
Totally Gorguss - embossing

 

9 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

You went with the pearls then. Beautiful elegant card.

RoseC said...

Cathy, your beautifully stamped butterfly looks fabulous as the focal point on this pretty vintage-toned card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Bling It Up!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

coops said...

So beautiful Cathy.I love your soft colours and really pretty butterfly.
Thanks for joining us this week at the Crafts and Me challenge :D

xx coops xx

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Cathy, I love your colour scheme, your embossing is fantastic and such a beuaitful butterfly.

Thanks so much for joining Everybody Art Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) the butterfly is so pretty and the embossing and lace are perfect ,, beautiful :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Diva's.
Hugs
JAyne

Christine L said...

Fabulous card... love the image and stunning embossing..

Thanks for sharing at Totally Gorjuss this time..

Christine x

Anonymous said...

great card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

Lin said...

A gorgeous, soft, vintage feel card.

Thanks for joining us at ABC.

Lin xx