Friday, 3 July 2009

Tilda with flower

We have friends coming for the weekend, so in between cleaning the house and tidying I have sneaked into my craft room to get a final crafting fix. No card making until Sunday night now :(
I have combined the Friday Sketcher sketch with the just Magnoli challenge, charms.


I watercoloured Tilda and distressed the edges in Antique Linen and Maghogany. I rotated the sketch - it just seemed to work better for me like this. The dp is my new MME pad - I LOVE it!!! I matted everything onto a couple of colours of cardstock. I punched some flowers and a swirl, added a bit of organza ribbon and it was done ... so back to the cleaning and cooking :(!


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Tilda with flower
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: MME Wild Asparagus
Embellishments: punched fowers and swirl, ribbon, charm and pearls from stash

25 comments:

Kendra said...

Very cute card! Love these colours. Have a great time with your company :)

Gillian said...

Gorgeous card and lovely colours, the rotation works well.

Gill x

Rach said...

a fabulous card, enjoy your weekend. hugs rachxx

Karen said...

Gorjus card Cathy. Love the colours and that image is beautiful. Like the little scroll in the corner.

Love Karen x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card cathy, love your colour combo.
Erin x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Cathy - love your distresaing technique, the fab papers (think I may NEED those) and the charm is absolutley gorgeous too and v unusual. Hope you ahve a great weekend
pauline x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

so pretty Cathy. love those papers!

Hugs Jane x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Wow, what a wonderful and sweet card. Wish you a great time with your friends

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Cathy, have a lovely weekend
Clairex

cheryl said...

such a lovely card love these colours and love how you have coloured tilda in xxx

debbies said...

Great layout and your charm is precious!

Kimmi said...

beautiful card. Tilda is so sweet! Gorgeous colours!

Kimmi

Powerful Search Engine said...

Love your little heart charm Cathy and gorgeous papers, hugs Pascale

Jill said...

gorgeous card Cathy, I love the papers you've used and the little charm is beautiful hugs Jill xx

aardvarkpest said...

Cute card. Love the soft colours you've chosen.

Glenda

Lou Sims said...

Fab card and loving the colour combo. After seeing your card, wish I'd also flipped the sketch !

Lou
x

Leslie said...

You did a great job with this sketch!! I love it. Leslie

cats whiskers said...

Lovely card adore the colouir scheme
Hugs Jacqui x

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous card Cathy. Love the design and the colours. Hugs from Desire

Anonymous said...

Great card Cathy, love the image and your colouring is fab.
Barbara :)

Denise Clark said...

Cathy, good morning! Found your blog over at the Friday Sketchers challenge!

Great take on the challenge. I love the burgundy with that touch of mahogany! Very nice. Great job coloring that adorable image! Very pretty!

kat9 said...

Cathy,
Wonderful card. I love your flower punch and your colors are great too.

BA said...

absolutely sweet!!!
xoxo BA

Bev said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card Cathy!! Thanks so much for joining us this week x