Wednesday, 29 July 2009

ABC challenge is for ...

YELLOW
Not my favourite colour so I have added quite a bit of black!!

I watercoloured my image and then used my nesties to cut her and the black matt out. I added a panel of dp matted onto black and some yellow ribbon. I punched flowers out of the black and yellow dp and coloured the centres in. Finally I stamped the Pollycraft sentiment.

I have followed the Spoonfull of Sugar sketch so am entering this into the challenge.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sarah Kay Spring Blossoms
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Embellishments: punched flowers, ribbon from stash

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, i love your black and yellow colour combo! Love this pretty image!
Erin x

Karen said...

Aaaawww I tjhink she's gorjus Cathy. I love that paper, it's one of my favs at the min.

Love Karen x

Francesca said...

Wonderful card , beautifully coloured such a cute image

Hugs
Francesca x

Helen said...

Fab card - love the way you've combined the yellow with black...kind of takes 'the edge' off it! lol
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Cathy I know what you mean about yellow but with the black really lifts it so well! and changes it :0) clever you!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, adorable image. Anesha

Victoria said...

fantastic adore the distressing

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

stunning cathy

hugs jane x

Jen said...

Not my favourite colour either but you have done a wonderful job, the black looks brilliant.
Great layout.
Hugs
Jen x