Just Magnolia - distressing
Simon Says Stamp - distressing
Friday Sketcher - sketch on the front
My Time to Craft - floral frenzy
Stampin for the weekend - alter something
The front:
The insides:
The front:
I stamped Tilda three times and masked one before stamping the watering can. I watercoloured the image in and bits of the other two. I cut these bits out and layered them up. I distressed the image using dried marigold, shabby shutters and an off gold I have. I distressed the edges of the cardstock and distressed that in spiced marmalade and vintage photo, and faux stitched them. The dsign paper is distressed with shabby shutters and dried marigold. I folded the dp corners over and stamped the swirl using spiced marmalade and then brushed gold perfect pearls over it, spritzed it with water and dried it. I added eyelets, the ticket, and the layered flower which I glimmer misted.Inside:
Instead over covering over the whole of the inside with dp, I left the fold from the bottom of the bag so I had an insert for a tag. I distressed the cardstock and dp as before. I used the wet distressing method to make the left hand panel and tags, using shabby shutteres, dried marigold and spiced marmalade. For the panel I used a Tim Holtz border mask and went over it with spiced marmalade and vintage photo. I stamped the swirls and sentiment in peeled paint and went over the swirls with perfect pearls as before.
I stamped Tilda three times and watercoloured her. She is layered up and the edges distressed in shabby shutters and dried marigold. I tore the edges of my dp and distressed them. I made the tag as described above. Ellie helped with the spritzing of the perfect pearls - a bit on the keen side so the ink ran quite a bit and there is less glimmer!!
The back:
I used the same dp as the front and distressed and faux stitched it. I added some raffia and flowers that had been spritzed with glimmer mist, and wrote my sentiment on the journalling ticket.
Some details:
This is the scroll stamped in spiced marmalade and then brushed with perfect pearls, spritzed with water and dried.
Here is a close up of my own design paper and tags.
And finally the tags with Ellie's swirls done with perfect pearls!! You can also see the layering up.
Sorry for all the pics ... but I am really pleased with this. I have only made I wallet for the inside, but I will make another one tomorrow.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Summer stamp kit
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: MME Bloom and Grow
Embellishments: eyelets, brads, flowers, raffia, spacers,ribbon from stash, Tim Holtz ticket and journalling tag

31 comments:
wow Cathy this is gorgeous you have done an amazing job with the paperbag.. love allt he distressing and the lovely detail that you have added. hugs rachxx
wow this is absolutely sensational I adore it especially Ellie's spraying. The details are wonderful and it has all been beautifuly coloured xxx
Hi Cathy! This is stunning, such an amazing project! I love all the papers and distressing. Fabulous colouring and flowers. So many lovely details, I just love the tags you added.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)
Vanja
Love your altered paperbag, Caty:O) The Papers are gorgeous, love the colours. All the distressing looks great. The Tilda images are so cute. Lovely masking, and the tags are a brilliant touch.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week. Good luck! Have a wonderful weekend.
Nancy;O)
Wow Cathy - this is fabulous! You've put so much work in to it...well done!
Helen x
Wonderful cards in soft colors!
hugs,
Jorunn
What a beautiful card Cathy,i love the images and papers.
Hugs Riet.x
This is gorgeous Cathy!! What an awesome job with the paper bag. Love your coloring and design with the distressing!! You are so creative!
This is gorgeous love the papers. luv gina xx
wow this is amazing..I love the distressing you have done. The attention to detail is just amazing!
Great job!
Christine
Wow Cathy, what a lot of work, but you've done such a fabulous job on it all, a lot of attention to the details. Fabulous project with all the stamping and the tags and distressing.
Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampin' for the Weekend. Hope you will continue to join in on a weekly basis.
hugs
Donna xx
Wow Cathy this is amazing - very original and fabulous details.
Pauline x
Its a gorgeous piece Cathy, so much detail and I just love the MME papers. Enjoy the peace and quiet, I'm sure it wont last LOL and thanks for playing along in this weeks SFTW
Clairex
wow hun this is just gorgeous love it the distressing really stands out to make one stunning creation love cheryl xxxxxxxx
This is just stunning! I love all the different details and the papers and the distressing! Simply wonderful!
Thanks for joining in at FS this week.
Hugs Jeanette
My Gosh this is sensational! I would be proud of it too its fantastic! Your attention to detail is amazing and i love the colouring and the images
love tasha xx
WOW!!!! Cathy your altered paper bag is outstanding with so many gorgeous details to look at. I am loving these MME papers at the mo, the distressing is fab but I really like how the perfect pearls add a lovely shimmer, truly fantastic. Thank you so much for playing along again this week with our challenge over at SFTW, good luck and enjoy your weekend xx vicki xx
Oh this is gorgeous, such wonderful work.
luv
Debby
Oh wow, never thought a paper bag could look so beautiful. Love all the details.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Desire
Wow this is stunning I love all the details and work you have put into it. All the distressing has given such a wonderful effect :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck
X Amy X
what a beautiful project!
Hi Cathy
Super alteration of the bag. I love the Magnolia Images you have used and the decoration is gorgeous. I love the middle! You've spend a long time doing this and its really paid off!
Thank you for playing along with us at "Stampin' for the weekend" We hope you enjoyed your make and that you come and join us again for the next challenge! Good Luck!
Kimmi
Wow,ein tolles Werk.
This is just amazing, brilliant Paper Bag.
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.
Hugs
Iris
Wow another one - equally as gorgeous as the first!
Oh this is fantastic Cathy - love the paper bag. Such stuning detail, gorgeous papers and fabulus images - love it! x
Fantastic! What an awesome job distressing and I really like the folded in corners.
Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
<3,
Steph
What a wonderful project, lovely colours and image is beautifully coloured. Anesha
What a beautiful card Cathy. I just love your distressing. The images are colored beautifully.
Hugs xx
Carolyn
Gorgeous - beautiful colours and papers and she is so cute!
Carol x
Post a Comment