I watercoloured Willow and then distressed the background in antique linen, shabby windows and peeled paint. I have had these Basic Grey papers for a while but no got round to using them. I matched the brown cardstock and matted everything so the elements stood out. I added three prima flowers (not used these for ages and they were feeling neglected!!) and some organza ribbon.
I am going for much simpler layouts and less embellies at the mo ... and am liking the results.
Off to find a cool spot to collapse until my after school lot arrive to play.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Willow with Sunhat
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Porcelin
Embellishments: Prima flowers, brads and ribbon from stash

10 comments:
a fantastic card sweetie, love the image that you have used, and so beautifully coloured.
It is so hot here also.. too hot.. can't get any colouring done.. my hands are too sticky!! yuck.
thanks for joining us at woj. hugs rachxx
Beautiful card Cathy. Love the colours and that image is so cute.
This weather is awful for the kid's. It was Flynn's sports day yesterday and it was unbearable.
Love Karen x
Your card is delicious!!! I love the image and the beautiful distressing background. Hugs Giò
what a gorgeous card Cathy,l love the image and colours.
So beautiful papers.
Hugs Riet.x
Gorgeous card hun, lovely distressing! Thanks for joining us at WOJ, hugs, Jane x
Beautiful card Cathy. I just love the image.
This is such a lovely card - i love he colours and the fab image - i am in awe of your distressing! I have the inks and pads - but my distressing always looks so terrible! lol
love tasha xx
Wow !!!! this is a Gorgeous card,
Love the colours and the image is fab
Hugs Susie xx
your card is delicious!!! love the image and the beautiful distressing background
xoxo BA
What a stunning card Cathy - the colours and paper are gorgeous and so perfect for the sweet image. x
Post a Comment