Thursday, 23 July 2009

Distressed summer Tilda

My Magnolia Stamp kit has finally arrived ... couldn't wait to ink this gorgeous one up ... but didn't feel like doing a cute card so I went for the more grungey look.
I am entering this into this week's Simon Says Stamp (sketch which I rotated), Cute Card Thursday (eyelets) and Charisma Cardz (Tag it).
I watercoloured Tilda and cut her out. I distressed the tag in traditional Tim Holtz fashion and when it was dry added the text and the bit of raffia. The dp has been distressed using a distressing tool and faded jeans ink. To add the texture I used raffia and the eyelets just punched wherever! I used a stencil to added the yellow scrolls to the corners.
Here's a close up of the tag - I am really pleased with the distressed background - it does look watery.

I love this stamp - there is a photo of me when I was about three years old in a similar style swimming costume - I loved it because when you first went in the water the skirt floated!!! Oh the memories - might see if I can dig a pic out!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Summer Stamp kit
Colouring Media: Distress ink
Papers: K and Co
Embellishments: raffia and eyelets from stash

16 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) I love this Tilda image and the distressed look you've created ! The raffia looks just brilliant !
Am gobsmacked with this ! its just fabulous !! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Lorraine x x x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, I love all your distressing and your beautiful colour combo!
Erin x

CraftyC said...

Its beautiful Cathy, love the image and distressed tag!
Clairex

Francesca said...

love the image , wonderful card

hugs
francesca x

Rach said...

a gorgoeus card sweetie, love the distressing. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Great card sweetie, love your distressing and how you have coloured Tilda really stunning card
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sylvia Blum said...

beautiful card! love the 'shabby chic'!

Allison said...

gorgeous card and lovely colours
Thanks for playing at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Penni said...

Love this card. The grungy look is great.

Hugs
Penni
X

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow, I love all of the elements you used to put this card together...I like the distressed water color look...it's very unique and cool!

Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

<3,
Steph

Vee said...

A fabulous card love the way you have coloured it. Thanks for joining Charisma this week
xx Vee

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, the grungy look is brilliant. Thanks for joining in at Charisma this week.

Jan xx

Juls said...

beautiful! I love the distressed feel!

Sally said...

Love the destressed look and the way you have encorporated the tag. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Leanne said...

Wow, this card is absolutely stunning!! I love the distressing!
Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!
Leanne
xx