Monday, 6 July 2009

Willow with Flower basket

Katharina is planning a blog hop to celebrate Whiff of Joy's 1st anniversary. To be in with a chance of playing along, you need to create a card using a sketch by katharina. I have rotated my sketch.

I coloured Willow in using my distress inks and distressed her using Antique Linen and Tattered Rose. I matted her up on to dp and then created my own dp (see below as to how I did it). I added flowers and roses that I glimmer misted, and a tag cut from dp (no sentiment as not sure what I am going to use this card for). A flower charm finished it off.
Here is the inside, very simple.


Here's how I made my dp:
I distressed my cardstock panel using tattered rose ink.

I added a Tim Holtz mask and then distressed the panel with faded jeans ink.

Finally I spritzed it all with Frost Glimmer mist.

I am really loving playing with these masks and my distress inks - fingers are an interesting shade though!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Whiff of Joy Willow with Flower basket
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: K and Co
Embellishments: flowers, charm from stash

14 comments:

Artyjen said...

Fab card.....good luck with the GDT
xoxo

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow Kathy your card is stunning xxx fabulous colouring and detail xxxhugs Dawnxxx

Happy Crafter said...

Stunning card Kathy, love your colouring and the great detail :)
Val xxx

Karen said...

Stunning card Cathy. Really love the muted tones and that image is beautiful.

Love Karen x

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful card. Kim

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Cathy - love the soft colours and the masking is fabulous.
Pauline x

Victoria said...

ntunning x

Jill said...

wow Cathy another stunning card, love the distressing and the colours are gorgeous hugs Jill xx

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, it relly is stunning, I was reading to see which paper you had used cause it looked great, an wow your own creation Love it.
hugs
Sue x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh Cathy!
This is lovely! Do you mind if we feature you on our blog and post this?

Luv,
Heidi

Rach said...

This is beautiful Cathy. hugs rach xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful WOJ and colours, love the masking too.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Wow hun this is stunning love how you have twisted the sketch and used the glimmer mist just perfet hun, best of luck with the GDT call
Hugs Jacqui x