Wednesday, 8 July 2009

ABC challenge .. V is for ...

Vellum
Oh boy this has been a challenge for me!! I have purchased the first lot of vellum I have ever owned for this challenge!!
What came to mind was the special weddin and baby albums with the vellum sheets protecting each photo, so I have made my card in that style.
Here's the front. The vellum is attached to the underneath using eyelets, and I have used organza ribbon and puched vellum flowers as the decoration, just as an album front might be decorated.
Inside I created my own background (see later) and watercoloured Tilda. I added glimmer misted flower soft to the basket and the same organza ribbon from the front.

So it stands like this ...

This is the backing paper - I used a Tim Holtz mask and distress the cardstock using antique linen as the base and the tattered rose over the mask. I spritzed it with Frost glimmer mist. The glimmermist reacts with the ink and you get some great colouration.



Do take a peek at the other DT creations.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Tilda with flower basket
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: cardstock and vellum
Embellishments: punched flowers, gems and ribbon from stash

12 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh Pretty! I love to see vellum! It's hard to find these days too.
Lovely creativity and work!
Heidi

Karen said...

STUNNING !!! Your 1st ever lot of vellum, you'l never stop using it now.

Gorjuss card below too, love the colour combo.

Love Karen x

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Cathy morning thanks for the comment you left it's so kind of you glad to be back online,hopefully computer will be good and work. Love this card so stunning vellum always makes a good card!!!! Great image too!!!!

MarkerGeek said...

Beautiful! I love the softness vellum lends.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

a brilliant card, what a great way to use vellum. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

This is just so pretty dear Love it
Hugs Jacqui x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

stunning cathy

love it

hugs jane x

Helen said...

Great use of vellum Cathy! Love the background paper you created too!
Helen x

Jen said...

Hi Cathy,
I love the background you have created with the masks. Those mini ones are just perfect for cards.
Gorgeous image and use of flower soft.
Hugs
Jen x

jenny said...

Beautiful card, love the vellum wrap and the gorgeous backing paper you made x

Jenny x

Kit said...

Cathy your creations are lovely