Thursday, 9 July 2009

Stained fingers mean ...

I've been playing and having fun. I watched the Tim Holtz video on Simon Says Stamp blog and have finally plucked up the courage to have a go with the Perfect Pearls I have had for ages. He has a fab technique for them.
This is the end product of my playing ...
Here's how I did it:

I wet distressed my cream cardstock with Peeled Paint and dried it thoroughly.
Using Mahogany distress ink I stamped my scrolls ...then painted the patina [erfect pearls over the top whilst it was wet.


Having brushed off the exces it looks like this.Then the bit I was really worried about - I spritzed it with water and dried it with the heat gun.


This is what it looked like as the ink under the perfect pearls reacted with the water .. heart in mouth moment!!
And after drying it looks like this. I personally like the little run out of the ink and the sheen you get is fantastic.
I also made a centre panel for the card. I distressed some cardstock in tattered rose (laid it on a bit thick for a darker colour) and them put a mask on and used the peeled paint to distress over the top.
So it looks like this.
I then distressed all the edges using Maghogany.

Finally I added my image and some flowers spritzed in olive green glimmer mist.
I am really pleased with this - shaem I have so much design paper in my craft room - I am loving making my own!!
Off to try and clean the hands up!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar nellie Gorguss Girls Sitting; Hero Arts Scrolls; Tim Holtz mini mask
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: home made
Embellishments: Prima flowers, roses from stash

9 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card Cathy - love your background!
Helen x

Lady Hopwood said...

How lovely! I love the instructions, so clear even I could follow them (well maybe, if I was at your house and you were telling me what to do!)

Pauline C said...

Wow this is amazing .. gorgeous technique .. I imagine if I tried this I would probably make so much mess I wowuld need to hose myself down (and the craftroom probably) lol!!
Hugs
Pauline x

Cheryl said...

great card hun and fab instructions too you have made a briliant job hun love cheryl xxxxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,l love the image and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Just such a gorgeous card Cathy!
Your paper is so delicious and your design and detail fabulous!
Have a great weekend!
hugs
kim x

Karen said...

Goejus card Cathy. Love the distress inks.

Love Karen x

nessy said...

wow!! how clever are you??? wonderful back ground ~amazing ,pretty card!
vanessa xx

Tab said...

Gorgeous card sweetie! Love the sweet image and the colours you have used are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx