Thursday, 16 July 2009

Christmas in July

Another combined challegne card, and the first Christmas card in ages!! I have used Colour Create's White and Blue theme with Papertake's sketch and Cute Card Thursday's Christmas theme.
It was a quick card - I find that the orders I get for Christmas cards are for simple cards with few embellies ... so here it is.
Snowy is coloured using promarkers and stickles. I cut him out and matted him onto the snowflake dp, which was matted onto white cardstock. I added white ribbon and some punched snowflakes which I added stickles to. And voila!!
Off to pick the girls up from pre-school - hopefully it will stay dry this afternoon so they can get out in the garden - less tidying up inside!!
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Snowy
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: DCWV Christmas Stack
Embellishments: punched snowflakes, ribbon from stash

22 comments:

Tara said...

Fab card Cathy - I so love your cute little snowman! xx

cats whiskers said...

Morning sweetie, this is just fabulous love the colours, and your colouring such a cute snowman.
Hugs Jacqui x

Jo said...

Love your snowman. Great card :)

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Cathy, Great christmas card love the papers and snowman :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Kim. said...

I really like this card I don't usually associate these sort of colours with Christmas but this looks great.
Kim xXx

Janiel/ janny said...

What a cute card Cathy, Love that cute little snowman.. Thanks for joining us at CC. janny

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

nessy said...

what a cuddly snowman he is!! just love this xmas card!!~gorgeous!
vanessa xx

Kari said...

Oh,my! What a gorgeous card! The image is so cute and the coloring is lovely:)
Wonderful christmas card:)

Hugs,Kari :)

Karen said...

Gorjus cards Cathy. love that ickle snowy and the colours in the WOJ card are lovely.

Love Karen x

dolcreations said...

I absolutely love snowman..and this card is just adorable!
I love the simplicity of it! Great job!
Christine

Pauline C said...

Very cute Snowy and love the papers :-)
Pauline x

cheryl said...

what a cutie of a snowman love the added sparkle too love cheryl xxxx

Joanna Lamprou said...

Hello Cathy.What a nice card.I love the stickles effect in the snowman.
Hugs Joanna

CraftyC said...

Its a gorgeous card Cathy, love the colour combo and cute snowman
Clairex

Yvonne Randall said...

Beautiful colours and design. I love it. Thank you for leaving such lovely comments on my blog too.

Yvonne

Di said...

Lovely card, this snowman is so cute.
Thanks for joining C.C this week

Di xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fab card Cathy. I love that frosty snowman; he's adorable.
Thanks for playing along with the CC Challenge this week.
Sharon xx

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, fab colouring and great papers. Jillix

Dawny P said...

This is gorgeous :) I love the image and papers you used and it's a fabulous take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

Heather said...

Hi Cathy, fabulous card. Love that PB image, he's so cute and looks so happy. Great colouring and papers.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC.
hugs Heather xx

aardvarkpest said...

FAb card. Love the little snowman. Great paper too.

Glenda