This is going to be a bit of a long post, mainly as I couldn't decide which photos to put of the card, as it is quite detailed.
Whilst the theme over at the Sugar Bowl is Mothers Day, I haven't made this card for Mothering Sunday - that card is done and dusted. However my Mum had quite major eye surgery on Monday and is recovering well, so I have made this for her, hopefully to help speed her recovery even more. It is a bit more detailed than I would normally do for Mum - she doesn't do flowers, ribons, well really any embellies. In her words "a bit of nice paper and a nice image will do!"
I have made the card using 2 square card blanks stuck together as it needed to be longer than 12" when opened.
I have made the card using 2 square card blanks stuck together as it needed to be longer than 12" when opened.
I have used my Lavinia flower stamp and stamped 7 out in Sepia ink and coloured in tattered rose Distress ink. I then cut them out, very carefully. I used my rectangle nesties to cut the aperatures out. All the papers and edges are inked in brown ink.
This is what it looks like stood up.
When you open it there is another aperature ...
When you open it there is another aperature ... 
Inside I decorated both sides and added a Gorguss girl.The backs of the blossom are washed with Vintage photo distres ink as they looked a bit stark just white. I couldn't solve the problem of how to repeat the image on the back.

I added a punched flower and a couple of scrolls stamped in Sepia.
I used some more of the blossom branches to cover the aperature.
I used some more of the blossom branches to cover the aperature.Then you open it out again to ...
This is the inside. I added punched flowers that I inked the edges of, and some branches. I stamped some more Sepia scrolls and the cut out part of the aperature which looks like a letter.
So when it is fully open it looks like this ...
I am really pleased with it - still think it needs some ribbon LOL!!


19 comments:
Gorgeous card, it must have taken ages to do, love all the details and fabulous gorjuss girls. I'm sure you Mum will love it.
Hi Cathy, fabulous card, and so precious. love the leaves twine over the aperature, great colours. Joey.xxx
wow this is fantastic xxx
Absolutely stunning Cathy, you can see the love and the time spent on it, your Mum will love it i'm sure x
Jennyx
what can i say ~ one of the most gorgeous cards i have seen ~so much detail and work!! your mum will love it!!
vanessa xx
Lovely card hun just wonderful compostition love the girls and thpse plum blossom branches just perfect
Hugs jacqui x
Cathy this is truly a work of art!! i just adore this card. Its so much more than a card, so much work has gone into this, i hope the reciprient appreciates the love and work thats gone into it, Lovely work, hugs Linda x
Wow Cathy this must of taken yo ages so much wok you have put into this! your mum is gonna just LOVE it!! well done :0)
woweee! This is stunning. It must have taken ages to complete..wellonly a day as the challenge was only posted on thurs!! I love all the detail..the flowers are stunning! Great work! thanks for joining us in the Sugar Bowl!
Judy x
this is absolutely amazing! I love all the detail in it.
hope your mam is feeling better soon.
love tina x
Wowee, what a fabby card honey! Love all the images and there is so much detail, love it!
Hugs Tab xxx
Wow, fabulous Cathy!!
Love how you've done the little twigs like that.. fab card!
Marlene x
A fabulous card Cathy, put together beautifully. Debbie x
Oh wow wow wow! This is really awesome Cathy! I love it! A lot of hard work - but well worth it for your mum! :) Thanks for joining the Sugar bowl challenge!
Neat idea. I bet you cut and cut and cut. The results are beautiful and well work the work!
Oh wow, what a great work - and a LOT of work as well, all that cutting!
Love your cards, loads of ideas and inspiration!
Wow..... what a wonderful card and great work!
Hugs Gisela
Wow! This is just Gorjuss Cathy! You've put so much work in to it...I'm sure your Mum will love it!
Helen x
Stunning card, absolutely gorgeous. Hugs, Lainy xxx
Post a Comment