Sorry I forgot ...
Well this is an appropirate challegne for me as I forgot the lady who runs our local Mums and Tots group's birthday, so I made her this.
She is bird mad, so this gorgeous Leanne Ellis image was perfect. I have kept it really bright and cheerful, using turquoise and yellow, not a combination I usually do. I coloured the image in promarkers and then distressed the background. I embossed the background using this flowers folder, and the buttons and stitching borders (got a bit carried away with the embossing!). I punched the flowers and added some braid from my stash.
Do check out the other DT creations, and have a go yourself - it can be a card for any occasion you have forgotten.
Recipe:Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Day Dreamer; Sugar Nellie sentiment; PB Saluations
Colouring Media: Promarkers, distress ink
Papers: Patterned dp DCWV Nursery stack; Coredinations; cardstock from stash
Embellishments: punched flowers, gems and braid from stash

5 comments:
Beautiful hunni! there's something on my blog for you
Hugz carly xx
gorgeous card cathy ~love the embossing ~ birthdays!!we all forget sometimes ~good job we can rush home and make one!!
congrts on your 1 year blogging ~time goes so fast doesn`t it??
vanessa xx
this is lovely. i love the colour combo, not one i would have used either but worth having a go with as very pretty.
lovely card my dear
love tina x
Fabulous card, love the embossed background. Congrats on your Blog Birthday.
This is fab honey, love it.
Post a Comment