Friday, 20 March 2009

Friday Sketcher

Its another glorious day, and Beth is shattered so is having a nap ... so I have made a card - the last for a couple of days as we are away for the weekend.


I have used this week's Firday Sketcher sketch and one of my latest Tildas. I masked her and sat her on the tree stump and watercoloured it. I used 2 widths of lacey ribbon and some green ribbon instead of one of the papers. I punched some flowers and leaves and inked the edges of them. I am enjoying making these fresher, spring cards, and I wouldn't often put green and pink together but it seems to work.
Well of to play in the garden with the girls and then pack. Have a great weekend.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Spring Stamp club; WOJ tree stump; Papermania sentiment
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Urban Prairie, cardstock
Embellishments: punched flowers and leaves, ribbons from stash

27 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you so much for using my sketch for your wonderful cute card. the combination of those stamps are really great and looks so lovely.
hugs and a nice weekend.
bea

Joey said...

This is beautiful Cathy, gorgeous stamp. Joey.x

Marcea said...

This is so sweet Cathy - hope you are enjoying the peace and quiet :o)
Have a fab weekend
-x-

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card ,beautiful colouring and detail ,hugs Dawnxxx

Desire Fourie said...

Cathy this is just gorgeous. You have coloured that image just beautifully. Have a great weekend.
Hugs from Desire

Dawn♥ said...

Ahhh it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
♥Dawn♥

cats whiskers said...

Really pretty card hun, love green and pink, have a lovely weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Victoria said...

i think it is beautiful and i adore those flowers you are making they look fantastic x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card. Especially those leaves

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, I love the pink/green together and the image is just so cute too :-)
lorraine

Riet said...

wowww Cathy,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

nessy said...

such a sweet card cathy ~ just love the new stamps ,don`t you? love the delicate paper ~just perfect
vanessa xx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Cathy, I do hope you have a lovely weekend away!
Clairexx

Pauline C said...

Love the colorus on t his - very pretty and spring like.
Hope you enjoy your weekend.
Pauline x

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! Love the scene ~ these images are so sweet! Beautiful colors :)Kathy

Sammi said...

This is just sooo cute!! Love the Spring images!! Gorgeous card Cathy!
xxx

Tasha said...

Oh Cathy this is a delightful card - the image and colours are perfect i love it
love tasha xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet card, lovely papers too.

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty papers. Michele x

Andrea said...

Absolutly beautiful

Karen said...

Stunning card Cathy. Love the flowers, colours, evrything.

Love Karen xxx

ribenaruby said...

Pretty image beautifully coloured, adorable papers!

ella bella said...

beautiful card, the papers are so pretty and i love the image
hope you have a lovely day
Tracy x

Macpurp said...

this is beautiful! i love the stamp!
love tina xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card! Love the punched flowers!
Helen x

Tasha said...

This is such a beautiful card - the stamp is lovely
love tasha xx

Julie said...

A very pretty card, lovely colours